Bullnose Forums

6K tachometer [E0TZ-17360-A] - NOS

Can this be added easily to an automatic? akin to maybe "plug in"?

Yes, if you have gauges and not idiot lights. Do you have a water temp and oil pressure gauge?

If you have gauges then we need to determine which printed circuit, meaning the Mylar film the gauges are connected to, you have. There were two, one with no provision for a tach and one with. I'm thinking they are different colors but I don't remember.

I know we've talked about this on here, but I don't think we've ever really nailed down which color has the circuits for the tach and which doesn't. However, if you pull your cluster out and look at the circuit the one you want has 4 holes in it for the tach, and circuits going to those holes.

Yes, if you have gauges and not idiot lights. Do you have a water temp and oil pressure gauge?

If you have gauges then we need to determine which printed circuit, meaning the Mylar film the gauges are connected to, you have. There were two, one with no provision for a tach and one with. I'm thinking they are different colors but I don't remember.

I know we've talked about this on here, but I don't think we've ever really nailed down which color has the circuits for the tach and which doesn't. However, if you pull your cluster out and look at the circuit the one you want has 4 holes in it for the tach, and circuits going to those holes.

I think color is only a difference between 80 and 81-86.

LMC actually has a pretty good explanation of these so we'd just need to tie them to the Ford P/N from your table in the other thread.

lmc.png.e14cff5730c9ff1ea427412e1c6fd94d.png

LMC actually has a pretty good explanation of these so we'd just need to tie them to the Ford P/N from your table in the other thread.

Thanks, Scott. Yes, we need to cross-ref. I'll see if I can look into that tonight while watching baseball.

Thanks, Scott. Yes, we need to cross-ref. I'll see if I can look into that tonight while watching baseball.

I do have temp and oil gauges! However, i'm not sure if you remember but a giant tree fell on my truck in February (the great Ice Storm of 2/21!). My truck has been in the body shop since. I was originally quoted 2-3 months for the repairs but now we're at 9-10 months :nabble_anim_crazy:.

That being said, it supposed to be ready to pick up this Saturday! :nabble_anim_jump:

I'm super excited, the front end should look brand new. I'll try and look then.

I do have temp and oil gauges! However, i'm not sure if you remember but a giant tree fell on my truck in February (the great Ice Storm of 2/21!). My truck has been in the body shop since. I was originally quoted 2-3 months for the repairs but now we're at 9-10 months :nabble_anim_crazy:.

That being said, it supposed to be ready to pick up this Saturday! :nabble_anim_jump:

I'm super excited, the front end should look brand new. I'll try and look then.

I'd forgotten that. So glad you are about to get your truck back, especially after so very long. :nabble_anim_claps:

This. As shown, that means there are six possible printed circuits, depending on year, gauge/idiot lights, and tach/no tach. I've never seen anything else, unless you want to start talking medium duty. Those trucks have a different printed circuit unique to them. Fun fact though, my 1986 gauge cluster backing is for a medium duty truck. I found no evidence of it ever being replaced, so Ford was using the medium duty gauge cluster backs in the light duty trucks by 1986.

As to Gary's points on the non-tach trucks having tach printed circuits, my 1986 parts truck did NOT have a tach, and did NOT have the printed circuit for a tach. That truck was built in April of 1986, so it was towards the end of production.