Bullnose Forums

Newbie - Introduction

GrayBronco987

1986 Bronco XLT, 351W, Automatic, 4x4.

This truck belonged to an uncle of mine who I live with and worked for during high school. In October of 1991 I was driving this truck to pick up lunch for us one afternoon when I drove by the girl's high school volleyball team car wash fundraiser event. The truck needed a bath and well, the ladies were too cute to pass up. I ended up meeting my wife that day and we are still together 30 years later. A few years ago my uncle passed away and we received the truck and started the restoration process. My two teenage boys and I have been rebuilding the Bronco from the frame up. Our boys look at this as an opportunity to build a truck, but my wife and I see this project as another way to build men.

I love that story, - with the exception of the passing of your uncle. :nabble_smiley_good:

And congrat's on 30 years of marriage. And, two boys. :nabble_anim_claps:

I hope you will start a thread to show us what you've done and what you are doing. We'd love to follow along.

Also, if you want to have the boys join we'd love to have them. We are family-friendly.

Where's home? I ask because we have a map (Bullnose Forum/Member's Map in the menu) and we can add you with a city/state or a zip.

I also welcome you. Your boys helping will be great. I bought my son a 1965 Corvair Corsa 140 HP (4 carbs) he fell in love with after seeing it in a friends impound lot. It had some interesting issues, like heads on backwards, cam gear not on straight. He drove it from the time he hit 16 until around 23 when he bought a year old Mustang convertible that was a former rental model, had GT brakes on a V6 automatic.

He still does a lot of his own work, not to save money, but to get it done right.