Bullnose Forums

Am I missing a part on my brakes?

You have early calipers with late pads and brackets. 1995 & 1996 use calipers unique to those two model years.

There are 3 types of calipers used on this body style truck. 1980-1985 used a steel wedge and leaf spring under the caliper, 1986-1994 used the "rubber" slide pins, and 1995-1996 used a completely redesigned caliper that mounts on two tubular slides. You need late model calipers.

Good info, thanks. So are you saying these are NOT late model calipers? I specified I needed 1995 calipers when I got them from the parts store.

Those are definitely NOT 95-96 calipers. I can't see the bottom in your pic, but from the view of the top, they look like 80-85.

Stolen from the CSK website - THIS is a 95-96 caliper.orly_18-4390_202_ang_primary.jpg

That image looks exactly like the calipers I have on the truck now. Two M8 screws through rubber bellows to mount it. The calipers that I took off (the original 81 equipment) have no such mounting screws and are held on by the "horns" on the steering knuckle.

What exactly are you seeing in my photos that make you think they are unlike the one in the photo you posted?