Bullnose Forums

Where Has Your Truck Driven To?

Had an idea for a fun thread.

As some of us have seen, a lot of people put maps on the back of their campers showing what states they've driven through. Why not do that with our trucks?

I found a site that lets one create colored maps for free: https://mapchart.net/usa.html

So, to start, here's what I have for my two current trucks (under my ownership, at least):

1995_Ranger_.png.5de43f8353f25ed64719c71cfcce11cf.png1984_F150.png.ffab7b5de0c206d80f86436e2ed4e33e.png

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That's a cool idea, Larry. Here's the map for Big Blue. (Note that when you download it'll be a .png and probably too big to load directly. I opened it in Photoshop and saved it as a .jpg at about 500kb.)

And here's the map for Dad's truck:

I just resized them via the "big" size option on the upload. Shrunk it enough. I have to do the same thing with anything off my phone (even the lowest resolution is too big!)

That's a cool idea, Larry. Here's the map for Big Blue. (Note that when you download it'll be a .png and probably too big to load directly. I opened it in Photoshop and saved it as a .jpg at about 500kb.)

And here's the map for Dad's truck:

Did you guys include where your trucks were built? They were there too. My trucks were built in the striped states (F350 in Virginia, the Rangers in the other two) and as far as I know have only ever been in Florida after their initial sale, based off of the records I have for all three. The rust free frames don't lie either. :nabble_smiley_good:

download.png.6a0dc108aeb96d652c58009d1d69cb2b.png

Did you guys include where your trucks were built? They were there too. My trucks were built in the striped states (F350 in Virginia, the Rangers in the other two) and as far as I know have only ever been in Florida after their initial sale, based off of the records I have for all three. The rust free frames don't lie either. :nabble_smiley_good:

I didn't think of that, Shaun. And I also didn't think to save the map configuration. So I'll have to recreate both maps and add the assembly plant info. Thanks.

Larry - Look at the difference in size of yours vs mine. By clicking Big it makes the picture 750 x 750 pixels. Mine is 5285 x 3762 pixels, which ensure it'll be full width on the screen. I can read my legend. Can you read yours? :nabble_smiley_evil:

I didn't think of that, Shaun. And I also didn't think to save the map configuration. So I'll have to recreate both maps and add the assembly plant info. Thanks.

Larry - Look at the difference in size of yours vs mine. By clicking Big it makes the picture 750 x 750 pixels. Mine is 5285 x 3762 pixels, which ensure it'll be full width on the screen. I can read my legend. Can you read yours? :nabble_smiley_evil:

Barely, but yes I can.

--

My ranger was built in Louisville... and my F150 was built in Ontario!

• 1 year later...

Well, I've been some places since making the original maps... so I get to redo these!

Now using this map which includes Canada for the F150:

https://www.mapchart.net/usa-and-canada.html

Bullnose:

F150_Map_04162023.thumb.jpg.500c49b0a8f2b57f2ec6a60203a16164.jpg

Ranger:

Ranger_Map_04162023.thumb.jpg.b6285ad214fcc93a75d8376f1a48b450.jpg

Needed the Bullnose updated for a car show sign I'm working on... And for that document, I reworked it accordingly:

F150_Map_04162023_Reworked.thumb.jpg.54718d8c2f6715df8dabd1a40002f7da.jpg

Not including the MFG locations as they're not places I drove them (well, they are now, but I'm only including where they've been under my ownership).

Well, I've been some places since making the original maps... so I get to redo these!

Now using this map which includes Canada for the F150:

https://www.mapchart.net/usa-and-canada.html

Bullnose:

Ranger:

Needed the Bullnose updated for a car show sign I'm working on... And for that document, I reworked it accordingly:

Not including the MFG locations as they're not places I drove them (well, they are now, but I'm only including where they've been under my ownership).

Cool! An international Bullnose!

Not a Bullnose with an International in it!