Bullnose Forums

Camber on 4WD trucks

Here's a shot of the sway bar mocked up on Dad's truck. But I don't know if the '95 bar is the same.

And here's your knuckle compared to the one on Dad's truck. I don't see anything wrong. And I think I'd put it together and see what happens.

But the issue on the image rotation is not the iPhone. It is doing its job and embedding the orientation in the metadata of the file. But our forum doesn't read that data. So if you rotate the phone to take a pic then you have to rotate the pic to post it. I use Photoshop Express, but there are free packages for phone that will do it.

When I saw the images were off 90 degrees, I pulled up the top picture in my post and rotated it and saved it. I then edited the post and inserted it as well, right next to the original image. Saved the post and went back and looked at it. Both pictures were still in the same orientation.

Either I should have renamed it so the Forum software knew it was a different image, or the software I used to rotate it did not update the metadata somehow. It's a UCM (unexplained computer mystery).

Anyhow, thanks for the photo confirmations that I haven't assembled something completely wrong!

When I saw the images were off 90 degrees, I pulled up the top picture in my post and rotated it and saved it. I then edited the post and inserted it as well, right next to the original image. Saved the post and went back and looked at it. Both pictures were still in the same orientation.

Either I should have renamed it so the Forum software knew it was a different image, or the software I used to rotate it did not update the metadata somehow. It's a UCM (unexplained computer mystery).

Anyhow, thanks for the photo confirmations that I haven't assembled something completely wrong!

Yes, once you upload a pic Nabble refuses to upload anything by that name again. So I just change the name slightly and it'll upload it.

Happy to help. Hope it drives perfectly.

Yes, once you upload a pic Nabble refuses to upload anything by that name again. So I just change the name slightly and it'll upload it.

Happy to help. Hope it drives perfectly.

Gary, I just noticed you tagged me on this, but it went to my junk folder for some reason.

I would have to agree with Gary, nothing seems out of the ordinary to me. These 1/2 ton TTB trucks have a habit of resorting to positive camber when "unsprung" (disassembled then reassembled) and they usually will settle back down after some driving. It may help to flex the suspension a little to really seat everything. I would put it back together (if you haven't already) and see what it does after a few weeks of driving.

Gary, I just noticed you tagged me on this, but it went to my junk folder for some reason.

I would have to agree with Gary, nothing seems out of the ordinary to me. These 1/2 ton TTB trucks have a habit of resorting to positive camber when "unsprung" (disassembled then reassembled) and they usually will settle back down after some driving. It may help to flex the suspension a little to really seat everything. I would put it back together (if you haven't already) and see what it does after a few weeks of driving.

Thanks, Shaun. :nabble_smiley_good:

I just noticed in his build thread that he thinks the coil springs were aftermarket. If that parts truck had any sort of lift on it (even just lift/leveling springs), that's why his camber is off.

Not sure that is it. The (possibly) aftermarket springs are only about an inch taller than the 2WD springs (presumably factory) that were on the truck, and I swapped one of them in and checked camber with those, it was still way positive.

An adjustable camber sleeve on both sides got the driver side close to zero. The passenger side is still a few degrees positive. I'm going to put it together and get it on the ground and see what it looks like, but the camber adjuster on that side is already maxxed out, so if it's still positive, I'm not sure what to do.