Bullnose Forum

Ford C2 Power Steering Pump with Saginaw Internals?

Rembrant

59 minutes ago, BigBrother-84 said:

Congrats! :nabble_anim_claps:

What about the hose threads, metric or Standard (imperial)?

I mean, the pump factory description is right or not?

Metric as best I can tell.  The hose spec says the fitting is 16 mm, but doesn't give the thread pitch or anything like that. 

Maybe the description of factory is accurate for trucks newer than our Bullnoses.

8 hours ago, ckuske said:

Here are some audio files from my phone. A before (Cardone) and an after (Lee). Both taken at warmed idle. 

When I installed the Lee, I got a 2 for 1 special:

1. Really smooth and quiet steering wheeling.
  2. I discovered I can hear my radio.

1 hour ago, BigBrother-84 said:

When I installed the Lee, I got a 2 for 1 special:

1. Really smooth and quiet steering wheeling.
  2. I discovered I can hear my radio.

Agreed!  I've been driving my truck quite a bit more lately, and I used to have a tappet (I think) noise for a couple seconds on the first start of the day.  It went away, and I figured "oh, I've been driving it more often, it somehow(?) cleared up on its own, nice!"

I installed the new pump and the first thing I hear is the tappet sound again.  Turns out the Cardone pump was just masking the sound the whole time! 🤣

Just now, Gary Lewis said:

I think you miss-typed.  Isn't it CarDone?  :nabble_smiley_evil:

I've read not-so-great things about them before, sometimes there aren't a lot of other options though on some parts.  I can't decide if their pump was terrible, or just really a faithful recreation of the original based on other stories that I have heard. 🤣  I will say that my truck's original CII pump made way less noise than the Cardone reman pump though.  In hindsight, the original pump just had a leaky reservoir and I could have taken it apart and put new o-rings in it etc and it would have been good to go.  But that was earlier in my learning process, so water under the bridge.

• Like 1