Bullnose Forums

Good News - We May Be Moving Soon!

:nabble_smiley_good:

Those AWS bills can sneak up on you, so be sure to say something!

Thanks, Chris. I'm watching the AWS bills, but so far the servers are just idling, although that will change as we start truly using them. However there are also the domain name costs, SMTP2GO for email, and Weebly for the website itself. Plus probably some I'm forgetting.

But I'll rack and stack the costs when we get to a steady state.

Thanks, Chris. I'm watching the AWS bills, but so far the servers are just idling, although that will change as we start truly using them. However there are also the domain name costs, SMTP2GO for email, and Weebly for the website itself. Plus probably some I'm forgetting.

But I'll rack and stack the costs when we get to a steady state.

I'm not sure if it is a direct fit, but AWS has SES (Simple Email Service) for SMTP, maybe it'll be cheaper for you?

I'm not sure if it is a direct fit, but AWS has SES (Simple Email Service) for SMTP, maybe it'll be cheaper for you?

Chris - It might be less expensive than SMTP2GO, but Pedro got the latter working and I don't think he has the time to figure out how to make SES do the same thing. The reason we went with SMTP2GO was that a guy at Nabble set up an instance of Nabble on his own server and tied it to SMTP2GO and then let Pedro look under the hood at the settings.

And since we still need Pedro to figure out https using LetsEncrypt, and then teach me to manage Nabble forums on AWS, I don't want to ask him to do anything else. At least not at the moment. He said he is really busy at the moment, but will see if he can carve out time to look at https this week.

Anyway, thanks! Maybe later?

Chris - It might be less expensive than SMTP2GO, but Pedro got the latter working and I don't think he has the time to figure out how to make SES do the same thing. The reason we went with SMTP2GO was that a guy at Nabble set up an instance of Nabble on his own server and tied it to SMTP2GO and then let Pedro look under the hood at the settings.

And since we still need Pedro to figure out https using LetsEncrypt, and then teach me to manage Nabble forums on AWS, I don't want to ask him to do anything else. At least not at the moment. He said he is really busy at the moment, but will see if he can carve out time to look at https this week.

Anyway, thanks! Maybe later?

No worries at all, just making you aware of options in case you hadn't seen them already. Carry on! :nabble_smiley_good:

Hi,

Don't know if the move is responsible, but the "literature" link seems broken (error 404).

I'm guessing that you have a bookmark to the Literature page? If so, that page was renamed Manuals & Literature.

But when I made that change I didn't do what I should have done and create a 301 redirect from Literature to Manuals & Literature so everyone's bookmarks would work. I have now so your bookmark should work.

Sorry. :nabble_smiley_blush:

I'm guessing that you have a bookmark to the Literature page? If so, that page was renamed Manuals & Literature.

But when I made that change I didn't do what I should have done and create a 301 redirect from Literature to Manuals & Literature so everyone's bookmarks would work. I have now so your bookmark should work.

Sorry. :nabble_smiley_blush:

Hi Gary,

I got "error 404" earlier this morning... And now it works!

Tested from computer and iPhone, everything is OK.

Thanks!

Hi Gary,

I got "error 404" earlier this morning... And now it works!

Tested from computer and iPhone, everything is OK.

Thanks!

Yes, that was my bad. Any time I change a page's title it changes the URL, so I should always redirect the old URL to the new. I usually do, but didn't then. Glad you caught it.