Bullnose Forums

C6 tranny issue? Maybe bad VRV?

I’m not per say “dumb” but sometimes I have those moments and think maybe I should of the other possibility. In which case, you were right. I thought 8 quarts was the proper amount for this transmission… but yet again I was wrong and jumped straight to the worst possible reason. Went and picked up another gallon today and put it in, and tada!, she magically drives. So again to comment on your statement, I am dumb sometimes and sometimes I don’t realize that the issue is sometimes simpler. However, U-joints are still bad and going to need to replace those as soon as I can. But for now the bullnose drives on, I’m going to be looking at local scrapyards for another transmission for rebuild as a backup. I know I could have two dozen trucks for parts trucks, but alas, I live in an apartment and don’t have property or money for them, yet!

LOL - I've done the same thing. Unlike you I kept driving and completely ruined the tranny. So, no worries. We all do things that make us wonder, at times.

Definitely glad you got it working before anything really bad happened to the transmission.

I assume your a smart guy, but still, no one asked the simplest question so I might as well.

Low transmission fluid can also cause a no drive condition... did you check the fluid level?

Sorry if I missed that somewhere and you already said so.

Funny, I almost asked the same question but did not want to offend....LOL!