Bullnose Forums

Factory alloy wheels [4 wheel drive]

The master parts catalog doesn't show anything narrower than 6.0": Driveline/Wheels.

My son's 1984 [4X2] was "born" with black 5 1/2" wide steel rims. I worked with a man who purchased a 1984 F150 [new] with white steel rims [because it was 4X4?] and dog dish caps. I bought these rims and put them on my son's truck [after painting them black]. They were date stamped '84 and were 6" wide [4X4]. The rivets used on the 6" wide rims were larger than the ones on the 5 1/2" wide rim.

The master parts catalog doesn't show anything narrower than 6.0": Driveline/Wheels.

My son's 1984 [4X2] was "born" with black 5 1/2" wide steel rims. I worked with a man who purchased a 1984 F150 [new] with white steel rims [because it was 4X4?] and dog dish caps. I bought these rims and put them on my son's truck [after painting them black]. They were date stamped '84 and were 6" wide [4X4]. The rivets used on the 6" wide rims were larger than the ones on the 5 1/2" wide rim.

When I say all steel wheels were 5.5 wide with 5 1/2 bolt pattern, I am referring 4x2 wheels.

I think we are looking at an error or omission in the master parts catalog. (Don’t tell Bill. :nabble_smiley_oh:)