Bullnose Forums

Largest tire on stock F150 2wd?

I have to imagine this question has been answered before, but I searched around and didn't see an answer.

I'm shopping for new tires and wondering what the largest tire size I can run on an '86, stock, 2wd, base model F150 with (presumably) 7" wide wagon wheels. It currently has P235/75-15s and was thinking of trying to put on P265/70R15s.

Thanks for your help !

Welcome to the forum! Glad you joined. :nabble_anim_handshake:

But before we get to your question we need to address the guidelines. We sent you an email asking you to go to the New Members Start Here folder, read the guidelines, and then introduce yourself by starting a new thread in that folder. You've missed that email, but don't worry as about half the new people do. However, we do need to know that you've read the guidelines before we answer questions as we hold everyone to the guidelines.

So, have you read them?

Welcome to the forum! Glad you joined. :nabble_anim_handshake:

But before we get to your question we need to address the guidelines. We sent you an email asking you to go to the New Members Start Here folder, read the guidelines, and then introduce yourself by starting a new thread in that folder. You've missed that email, but don't worry as about half the new people do. However, we do need to know that you've read the guidelines before we answer questions as we hold everyone to the guidelines.

So, have you read them?

I have, Gary! Thank you!

TS

I have, Gary! Thank you!

TS

Yes, I see that you have.

As for tires, I had 31" tires (31 x 10.5 x 15) on Rusty, an '81 F150 4x4, and they worked fine except for touching the radius arm just before the steering turned all the way. So it was livable, but I wouldn't have wanted anything larger on there.

Yes, I see that you have.

As for tires, I had 31" tires (31 x 10.5 x 15) on Rusty, an '81 F150 4x4, and they worked fine except for touching the radius arm just before the steering turned all the way. So it was livable, but I wouldn't have wanted anything larger on there.

Thanks! Considering my thoughts on the turning radius I'll probably only go 30.6" or P265/70R15.

31x10.5x25 here. Goodyear wranglet Duratrac. I have these on my 1985 F150 4x4. The actual diameter is 30.8 inches - when new. I don’t notice any rubbing and i think they are the right size for my stock suspension.https://forum.garysgaragemahal.com/file/n105533/F11B6F64-C05B-4F39-A3E3-7CDE89A8464C.jpeg

Those look perfect for your truck.....love it! Want to confirm....are your wheels 7 or 8"??? Also, I note you have the spare in your bed. I'm assuming it is the same size as those on the truck; could it fit under the truck like a stock tire does? Really don't want to put my spare in the bed.

I don't know if Rick will see this and chime in, but I'm pretty sure he's running 255/70r15 tires on his 2wd F150 with 15x8 factory rally wheels.

My '84 F150 2wd had 275/60r15's on 15x8 wheels:

dang! Nice looking trucks. I've ordered 265/70r15s so here we go. Hopefully my suspension isn't shot, ha!