Bullnose Forums

Do You Get it?

Gary Lewis

I saw this one too Gary LOL!

My mother bought a brand new Pinto in 1980. Last year they were made. My grandfather was working at the local Ford dealer at the time. I learned how to drive stick in that car in 1987 when I was 15. Drove it up and down the driveway a few hundred times lol. I later got a Lada and perfected my shifts lol, but it was just a yard car.

I saw this one too Gary LOL!

My mother bought a brand new Pinto in 1980. Last year they were made. My grandfather was working at the local Ford dealer at the time. I learned how to drive stick in that car in 1987 when I was 15. Drove it up and down the driveway a few hundred times lol. I later got a Lada and perfected my shifts lol, but it was just a yard car.

Funny!

Oh yes, my daughter's first car was a 1975 Pinto Pony MPG, she drove it back and forth from Newport News VA to Radford VA. It had the "recall shield" in front of the gas tank.

I always found it sort of strange the focus on the Pinto tanks, at least it was underneath and not the trunk floor like Falcons, Comets, Mustangs and Cougars. I had both a Falcon (1964) and a Mustang (GT350, 1966) and the Shelby actually developed rust holes in the sides of the tank top. Was interesting to drive until I replaced the tank.

Oh yes, my daughter's first car was a 1975 Pinto Pony MPG, she drove it back and forth from Newport News VA to Radford VA. It had the "recall shield" in front of the gas tank.

I always found it sort of strange the focus on the Pinto tanks, at least it was underneath and not the trunk floor like Falcons, Comets, Mustangs and Cougars. I had both a Falcon (1964) and a Mustang (GT350, 1966) and the Shelby actually developed rust holes in the sides of the tank top. Was interesting to drive until I replaced the tank.

And what about the pickups with the in-cab tank? Granted the tank was well protected from rear collisions, but not side.