Bullnose Forums

1985/86 padded woodgrain steering wheel with speed control [E5TZ-3600-A] - NOS

I was thinking the photos as this is what the steering wheel looked like when new.

I saved the pics. And I re-titled the Documentation/Interior/Steering Columns page to be Steering Columns & Steering Wheels. Then I added Steering Wheels to the tabs and put those pics there.

HOWEVER, what wheel is that? And what pad is that? I'd like to say more about it but I'm not sure. So y'all 'splain to me what we have while I work on Big Blue's cooling system?

I saved the pics. And I re-titled the Documentation/Interior/Steering Columns page to be Steering Columns & Steering Wheels. Then I added Steering Wheels to the tabs and put those pics there.

HOWEVER, what wheel is that? And what pad is that? I'd like to say more about it but I'm not sure. So y'all 'splain to me what we have while I work on Big Blue's cooling system?

My stock 86 Bronco has exactly this style of woodgrain, which I thought was burl wood, and no chrome (bright) edge highlights across the entire dash.

That is the finest steering wheel you could get on a Bullnose in 1985 and 1986. The steering wheel has a thick leather-wrapped grip and has the optional woodtone (Burlwood) steering wheel insert with cruise control.

It was only available on the XLT Lariat models.

Those steering wheel inserts are not reproduced, and probably never will be. Most of these get wear spots on the corners. I think I paid $150 for an NOS one for Lucille about 10 years ago.

20180421_160655.jpg.486dcb7e0911d0376036cf0b5a0cf5c2.jpg

That is the finest steering wheel you could get on a Bullnose in 1985 and 1986. The steering wheel has a thick leather-wrapped grip and has the optional woodtone (Burlwood) steering wheel insert with cruise control.

It was only available on the XLT Lariat models.

Those steering wheel inserts are not reproduced, and probably never will be. Most of these get wear spots on the corners. I think I paid $150 for an NOS one for Lucille about 10 years ago.

I am glad you saw this, LARIAT 85!