Bullnose Forums

Steering wheel on Craigslist

That's good to know, Jonathan. I highly prefer the thicker wheel, having changed Dad's truck over from the pencil-thin one it came with as it was just too thin. But I like the padded feel, so probably wouldn't like the van wheel.

Gary, I am in the minority I guess. I prefer the slender wheel. It has a certain “antique” feel to it, along with the tactile experience of the old school threaded shift knobs. It’s not just a nostalgia thing though... all newer vehicles have “fat” steering wheels that are a lot more of a handful than I like. I am a little conflicted with my bullnose wheels. I like the feel of the slender one, but in Arizona they turn into branding irons in the summer. So the padded style will be going on both of my trucks.

The van wheel is not bad, it’s just not as nice as the bullnose padded one. They are rubbery more than cushy foam, and seem like they are durable. I have not seen them crack like the hard plastic wheels, and the grip does not separate from the steel core like the padded style.