Bullnose Forums

Steering wheel on Craigslist

It is nice looking, but I'm pretty sure it is for an E-Series van. Here's the one being advertised:

E-Series_Steering_Wheel.thumb.jpg.7577f5ff82b871a332c4f539f24b404b.jpg

And here's the Rosewood steering wheel for a 1980 - 84 F-Series truck. (In '85 they went to Burlwood, which is a completely different look.) Notice that the van's grain runs side-to-side while the Rosewood grain runs up and down. It would work, but is not correct.

Rosewood_Steering_Wheel.thumb.jpg.d0e227e5b4d9941aa651096ee8fd5447.jpg

It is nice looking, but I'm pretty sure it is for an E-Series van. Here's the one being advertised:

And here's the Rosewood steering wheel for a 1980 - 84 F-Series truck. (In '85 they went to Burlwood, which is a completely different look.) Notice that the van's grain runs side-to-side while the Rosewood grain runs up and down. It would work, but is not correct.

If anyone runs across a Rosewood steering wheel like in Gary's second picture, please let me know! Most of the trim has come off the center of my steering wheel (I think the previous owner ripped it off... why?!)

Another difference is the van's have the "horns" on the outer part. None of the variances would stop me from purchasing if I needed and wanted, but we are just trying to educate each other. Thanks for posting, 1985 Bronco! :nabble_smiley_good:

Another difference is the van's have the "horns" on the outer part. None of the variances would stop me from purchasing if I needed and wanted, but we are just trying to educate each other. Thanks for posting, 1985 Bronco! :nabble_smiley_good:

Amen, brother! I didn't mean to sound like I didn't appreciate the post. Just wanted everyone to know that even though the seller said it is right for a pickup or Bronco that it isn't. Should work fine, but isn't correct.

Yes, I believe the wheel is the same. But it is just the horn pad that is different.

Gary, from what I have seen in my time junkyarding the late 80’s and 90’s van steering wheels like the one shown are different. They look superficially like the bullnose deluxe padded steering wheels but they are a harder plastic and lack the little stitching pattern around the inside. They certainly will work, and only the most particular people will notice, but I for one don’t care much for the van steering wheels. They are not as deluxe and comfy as the padded wheels, yet not as classic as the slender hard plastic ones on the bullnose pickups.

Gary, from what I have seen in my time junkyarding the late 80’s and 90’s van steering wheels like the one shown are different. They look superficially like the bullnose deluxe padded steering wheels but they are a harder plastic and lack the little stitching pattern around the inside. They certainly will work, and only the most particular people will notice, but I for one don’t care much for the van steering wheels. They are not as deluxe and comfy as the padded wheels, yet not as classic as the slender hard plastic ones on the bullnose pickups.

That's good to know, Jonathan. I highly prefer the thicker wheel, having changed Dad's truck over from the pencil-thin one it came with as it was just too thin. But I like the padded feel, so probably wouldn't like the van wheel.