Bullnose Forums

Intro--Bell (person) and The General ('85 inline 6 XL)

TheGeneral

Hi folks!

Apparently I really *didn't* introduce myself properly almost a year ago when I joined--I distinctly remember writing up an intro but I think I might have hit the back button or something and it never went through?

Anyhow, INTRODUCTION, TAKE 2

TheGeneral.jpg.026e89562aea1a30eee3c06adb126cdb.jpg

Hi folks!

A while back I had the privilege of purchasing a 1985 f150 XL 4.9 2wd manual 4spd, in I believe Regatta Blue (might be medium blue, he had it repainted) "baby blue" lol...from the ORIGINAL OWNER, who bought it from his dad the Ford dealer in 1985! How cool. Her name is The General and has been since 1985, so who am I to change it?

Anyways, it has been an up and down road since then.

Since then I have replaced the brake booster/master cylinder (myself), distributor, cap/rotor/plugs/wires (myself) had the carburetor rebuilt, new belts, new catalytic converter/muffler/exhaust manifold, battery cables (myself), almost all new smog stuff (myself), throttle cable (myself) and most recently, the valve cover gasket (myself). I have learned a lot along the way but I am by NO means anything but a piddling amateur haha. Definitely still struggling with the truck, although it has shown me that it can run and drive fantastically. Just not right now! ahahaha ugh.

Hopefully the pic shows....welp that's all I have people! Cheers, Bell

Welcome! Glad you joined! :nabble_anim_handshake:

You didn't really have to do another intro. Just tell us you've read the guidelines. But the intro adds quite a bit of info, so glad you did.

Yes, the trailer looks like a toy. Are you going to tow it with The General?

And, by the way, how did it get that name? The last The General I read about was stolen in the Civil War.

Anyway, you've made good progress. Have you been driving it?

Truck was named The General in 1985, lol....The guy who sold it to me said he: brought his wife home for the first time in it; brought his newborn son home in it; brought his son to senior prom and off to college in it; and took the fam camping many times over the years. He took pics with me and the truck before I left.

If I can get it to run reliably, I will absolutely be towing the LoLiner, it only weighs 1800 lbs...I got that trailer home up the I5 with a 4cyl Izusu Pup diesel haha

Truck was named The General in 1985, lol....The guy who sold it to me said he: brought his wife home for the first time in it; brought his newborn son home in it; brought his son to senior prom and off to college in it; and took the fam camping many times over the years. He took pics with me and the truck before I left.

If I can get it to run reliably, I will absolutely be towing the LoLiner, it only weighs 1800 lbs...I got that trailer home up the I5 with a 4cyl Izusu Pup diesel haha

Cool story!

Did I ask where you are from? We have a map (Bullnose Forum/Member's Map in the menu) and could add you with a city/state or zip.