Bullnose Forums

EGR Block off

Thanks Gary : leaks are oil pan and possibly rear main seal. Also discovered a little oil running down from near the top of the lower radiator hose area, that's a new one 🙁 maybe timing chain cover.

I had the mechanic I use for stuff I can't or won't do, replace my oil pan gasket and rear main seal. He recommended a one piece gasket. I found this one, worked good.

This is for a 460, I assume they make them for the 351.

https://www.summitracing.com/parts/fms-m-6710-a460/applications/year/1986

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Don't know, but I'd assume in or near BA as that's where Brandon lives. Not Muskogee, but closer than Skiatook.
Ok thanks Gary

Sent from AOL Mobile Mail

On Thursday, June 21, 2018 Gary Lewis [via Bullnose Enthusiasts] <redacted_email_address> wrote:

Don't know, but I'd assume in or near BA as that's where Brandon lives.  Not Muskogee, but closer than Skiatook. Dad's: '81 F150 Ranger XLT 4x4: Down for restomod: Full-roller "stroked 351M" w/Trick Flow heads & intake, EEC-V SEFI/E4OD/3.50 gears w/Kevlar clutches

Blue: 2015 F150 Platinum 4x4 SuperCrew wearing Blue Jeans & sporting a 3.5L EB & Max Tow

Big Blue: 1985 F250HD 4x4: 460/soon-to-be ZF5/3.55's & EEC-V MAF/SEFI

If you reply to this email, your message will be added to the discussion below:

http://forum.garysgaragemahal.com/EGR-Block-off-tp12005p12046.html

To unsubscribe from EGR Block off, click here.

NAML

Before I turn in for the night, as I just got home from T town from working,one last thought before I call an expert. My PCV valve vibrates intermittently and the longer the truck runs "in the driveway". And gets warm it starts to idle pretty good then speeds up to 1200 rpms. Still idling fairly well but fast and I have no way to dial it back. The curb screw is all the way out. Hoses have been changed on the metal line that connects the ends oF the line to intake and pcv valve.

Thanks a very tired Randy

Before I turn in for the night, as I just got home from T town from working,one last thought before I call an expert. My PCV valve vibrates intermittently and the longer the truck runs "in the driveway". And gets warm it starts to idle pretty good then speeds up to 1200 rpms. Still idling fairly well but fast and I have no way to dial it back. The curb screw is all the way out. Hoses have been changed on the metal line that connects the ends oF the line to intake and pcv valve.

Thanks a very tired Randy

Vacuum leak?

Vacuum leak?

Yes, it sounds like there's a significant vacuum leak. That's only way that it would idle that fast. Perhaps the PCV valve is bad? Try sticking your finger over the opening on the end of the PCV valve and see if the idle drops dramatically.

Yes, it sounds like there's a significant vacuum leak. That's only way that it would idle that fast. Perhaps the PCV valve is bad? Try sticking your finger over the opening on the end of the PCV valve and see if the idle drops dramatically.

Okie dokie :nabble_anim_crazy: