Bullnose Forums

EGR Block off

Hey gang I've been told a pop can as an example may be used to block off the EGR passage. My simple question is do I put the strip of aluminum on the intake manifold side or the EGR side as mine has the sandwich type cooler in between the two.

Thanks Randy

1983 F150 XLT 351W C6 transmission

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Doesn't really matter since there's no flow. But, for grins put it on the manifold side.
I was going to do that just because that plunger protruding out of the EGR itself is pretty stout! But functional.

Thanks Gary I'll get back to it as soon as it stops raining There's also a residue of some sort around the plunger hole, perhaps that mysterious coolant loss!

Sent from AOL Mobile Mail

On Wednesday, June 20, 2018 Gary Lewis [via Bullnose Enthusiasts] <redacted_email_address> wrote:

Doesn't really matter since there's no flow.  But, for grins put it on the manifold side. Dad's: '81 F150 Ranger XLT 4x4: Down for restomod: Full-roller "stroked 351M" w/Trick Flow heads & intake, EEC-V SEFI/E4OD/3.50 gears w/Kevlar clutches

Blue: 2015 F150 Platinum 4x4 SuperCrew wearing Blue Jeans & sporting a 3.5L EB & Max Tow

Big Blue: 1985 F250HD 4x4: 460/soon-to-be ZF5/3.55's & EEC-V MAF/SEFI

If you reply to this email, your message will be added to the discussion below:

http://forum.garysgaragemahal.com/EGR-Block-off-tp12005p12007.html

To unsubscribe from EGR Block off, click here.

NAML

If the residue is black it is carbon.

Hey Gary who would you recommend I take my truck to get it running right and perhaps fix a couple of major leaks? I'm tired of throwing $$$ at it with zero results. Probably nothing wrong with the old 7200VV since I've put 2 more on it and basically with the same results! Very frustrating and I'm very tired of fooling with it.

Thanks Randy

Hey Gary who would you recommend I take my truck to get it running right and perhaps fix a couple of major leaks? I'm tired of throwing $$$ at it with zero results. Probably nothing wrong with the old 7200VV since I've put 2 more on it and basically with the same results! Very frustrating and I'm very tired of fooling with it.

Thanks Randy

Randy - Sorry to hear that it didn't fix it. I don't have a good recommendation, but perhaps Brandon/Bruno2 will. He's a lot closer to you than I am.

You are looking for someone that can do a good job troubleshooting, and I'd recommend that he run a leak-down test to find out if you have valve or head gasket problems. Valve problems can cause all sorts of issues that cannot be solved with carb tuning or replacement.

As for the leaks, where are they?

Randy - Sorry to hear that it didn't fix it. I don't have a good recommendation, but perhaps Brandon/Bruno2 will. He's a lot closer to you than I am.

You are looking for someone that can do a good job troubleshooting, and I'd recommend that he run a leak-down test to find out if you have valve or head gasket problems. Valve problems can cause all sorts of issues that cannot be solved with carb tuning or replacement.

Brandon says: Gil Blumenthal

Mobile (918) 813-6305

Have him call Gil.

Thanks Gary : leaks are oil pan and possibly rear main seal. Also discovered a little oil running down from near the top of the lower radiator hose area, that's a new one 🙁 maybe timing chain cover.