Bullnose Forums

Differences between 80 and 81-86?

BreadPlus

I know it's been a little while, but yes I have read the guidelines. Thanks for the welcome!

I had slide locks, but they've been since pulled out, ha. Being a farm truck and losing the keys does that to you! Same with clear signals, but it got crashed (frame is fine) and then put back together.

That reminds me, in like 84 they moved from the swiss cheese frame to the solid channel frame. That's another difference.

It's got a green and yellow interior like the packers, but I think it's from the special john deere package. From what I heard the entire harnesses changed in 81 to allow power windows and the sort. I'm unsure on that right now, but I'd like them.

As far as more differences, I don't know. Wire colors might have changed as well with the different harness?

Actually, the swiss cheese frame was two years only, 1980 and '81. And at least one of the harnesses changed a bit each year as they added things. The Bullnose era, while looking from the outside like all things stayed the same, was an era of great change for the engines and emission systems.

Actually, the swiss cheese frame was two years only, 1980 and '81. And at least one of the harnesses changed a bit each year as they added things. The Bullnose era, while looking from the outside like all things stayed the same, was an era of great change for the engines and emission systems.

Noticed when working on my 80 awhile back that the connector that joins the engine bay wiring to the 'along the frame' wiring uses one of the curved styles (like steering column) vs the molded style.