Bullnose Forums

Cloth bench seat - used

That's the kind of seat I thought about for Big Blue. But that one is expensive, and there's no where near enough info to know if it'll fit. Just saying '92-97 OBS doesn't tell if it is from a regular cab, extended cab, or crew cab.

And what is an "OBS" anyway? To me the term "old body style" is meaningless. Will my 2015 be an OBS when Ford changes the body style? Is a '65 F100 an OBS?

Brandon/Bruno2 sent me an invitation from an OBS Facebook page recently. I went there and it asked if I like OBS trucks. Told them I don't know as the term is meaningless and asked the questions above. Haven't heard back from them.

That's the kind of seat I thought about for Big Blue. But that one is expensive, and there's no where near enough info to know if it'll fit. Just saying '92-97 OBS doesn't tell if it is from a regular cab, extended cab, or crew cab.

And what is an "OBS" anyway? To me the term "old body style" is meaningless. Will my 2015 be an OBS when Ford changes the body style? Is a '65 F100 an OBS?

Brandon/Bruno2 sent me an invitation from an OBS Facebook page recently. I went there and it asked if I like OBS trucks. Told them I don't know as the term is meaningless and asked the questions above. Haven't heard back from them.

With the front console bolted to the front, I would say that is definitely a front seat. With the adjustable headrests, it looks like it came from a 1992 - 1994 F150 or F250 XLT. Does it matter if it came from an extended cab or crew cab? I didn't realize there was a difference.

I think "OBS" or "Old Body Style" started in 1997, when the new redesigned "Taurus" trucks were coming out. If I remember correctly, the 1997 trucks came out early and Ford recognized it was a MAJOR change. So they staggered production so that buyers could still buy the "old body style" new for a little while longer. The F250 trucks kept the "old body style" for one more year - it changed in 1998.

With the front console bolted to the front, I would say that is definitely a front seat. With the adjustable headrests, it looks like it came from a 1992 - 1994 F150 or F250 XLT. Does it matter if it came from an extended cab or crew cab? I didn't realize there was a difference.

I think "OBS" or "Old Body Style" started in 1997, when the new redesigned "Taurus" trucks were coming out. If I remember correctly, the 1997 trucks came out early and Ford recognized it was a MAJOR change. So they staggered production so that buyers could still buy the "old body style" new for a little while longer. The F250 trucks kept the "old body style" for one more year - it changed in 1998.

On the seat, our page at Documentation/Interior/Seats says "there are two different floor pans - regular cab and crew cab trucks share one, and Broncos and Supercabs share the other". So a seat from a regular cab fits a crew cab, and vice versa. But one from a Supercab won't fit either of those.

As for OBS, J.D. Power says "Old body style, or OBS, is a term used in reference to the much-revered pickup trucks produced before the controversial redesigns of the early 2000s." That really helps. So a '65 or even a '32 is an OBS? :nabble_smiley_cry:

I guess my point is that it is a silly sobriquet. :nabble_smiley_evil:

On the seat, our page at Documentation/Interior/Seats says "there are two different floor pans - regular cab and crew cab trucks share one, and Broncos and Supercabs share the other". So a seat from a regular cab fits a crew cab, and vice versa. But one from a Supercab won't fit either of those.

As for OBS, J.D. Power says "Old body style, or OBS, is a term used in reference to the much-revered pickup trucks produced before the controversial redesigns of the early 2000s." That really helps. So a '65 or even a '32 is an OBS? :nabble_smiley_cry:

I guess my point is that it is a silly sobriquet. :nabble_smiley_evil:

Even with it's aerodynamic nose and modern interior, Most people think the 1992 -1996 generation of trucks was the very last of the traditional-looking pickup trucks.

Compared to everything that came after, it certainly looks like an "old body style."

Even with it's aerodynamic nose and modern interior, Most people think the 1992 -1996 generation of trucks was the very last of the traditional-looking pickup trucks. Compared to everything that came after, it certainly looks like an "old body style."
I agree that it does look "old". But so do the Aeronose, Bricknose, Bullnose, Dents, Bumps, etc.

Maybe if it was LOBS (Last of the Old Body Style) then I could understand. But to say a certain range of just a few years is an "old body style" makes no sense.

Anyway, thanks for the daffynition, Rick. :nabble_smiley_wink:

I agree that it does look "old". But so do the Aeronose, Bricknose, Bullnose, Dents, Bumps, etc.

Maybe if it was LOBS (Last of the Old Body Style) then I could understand. But to say a certain range of just a few years is an "old body style" makes no sense.

Anyway, thanks for the daffynition, Rick. :nabble_smiley_wink:
Gary, you're forgetting that SuperCab bench seats are split in the center to allow access into the back of the cab. Since the seat in the photo is not split, you can tell it is from a Regular or Crew Cab.