Bullnose Forums

Sun visor bracket

My sun visors don't hold position, so if you actually use them they whack you in the face. So, I thought I'd take one off and see what's going on in the bracket.

Sun_visor_bracket.jpg.977dbbbd6c54e403f201b3ca4da5e5e0.jpg

It looks... like something is missing. I saw LMC has brackets for only $8.95 so I thought about buying those. Does anyone know if they are worth buying? Secondly and just as important, how do you slide the bracket out of the visor? It seems really stuck.

The problem with the Bullnose sun visors is lack of an inner support for when they are stowed. This makes them bounce on the springs that provide the friction to kepp them in position. The place for them was in the roof on Darth (1986 crew cab) and I was installing a 1996 Opal Gray interior so I drilled both holes (guide pin and screw) on each side and did the same on the headliner. The 1996 visors are lighted and seem to have stiffer "swing" springs on them.

The problem with the Bullnose sun visors is lack of an inner support for when they are stowed. This makes them bounce on the springs that provide the friction to kepp them in position. The place for them was in the roof on Darth (1986 crew cab) and I was installing a 1996 Opal Gray interior so I drilled both holes (guide pin and screw) on each side and did the same on the headliner. The 1996 visors are lighted and seem to have stiffer "swing" springs on them.

Yes, the Bullnose visors are a poor design. The later visors fix that. I highly recommend them.

Yes, the Bullnose visors are a poor design. The later visors fix that. I highly recommend them.

Okay, I'll look into those newer visors.

The current visors apparently don't have a spring at all. The brass nut in the picture is also not cut evenly on the top side, and the bracket has a bad booger weld holding the washer on. I'm thinking the PO may have modified it.

Okay, I'll look into those newer visors.

The current visors apparently don't have a spring at all. The brass nut in the picture is also not cut evenly on the top side, and the bracket has a bad booger weld holding the washer on. I'm thinking the PO may have modified it.

Yes, that visor has been "modified", and w/o the spring it'll probably droop badly. But even with the spring they drooped some. The later visors fixed that nicely.