Bullnose Forums

Sorry to miss the show!

I planned on going, got up this morning and hit the road from the DFW area. Everything was going fine but after an hour, just into Oklahoma, I pulled into a rest area and had a very spongy brake pedal with very long travel. Something was very obviously wrong and I decided it would be far safer to limp the 60 or so miles back home, than to attempt several hundred more. Left lots of following distance and got it back home, popped the cover off the reservoir and found the back circuit empty. Started looking for wetness and found it at the point where the rear lines split on the axle. Cleaned everything off and put some fluid in, found it was dripping from the fitting there that goes off to the driver side wheel. So I tried tightening it, and it almost immediately snapped the flare off the line. It must have already been cracked and that was the source of the leak. So I made up a new line and bled it, and it's good now. But it was well into the afternoon and I never would have made it up in time. So it will have to be next year. Sorry I couldn't make it, I was looking forward to meeting you all.