Bullnose Forums

Anyone else want to scream when trying to find upholstery?

When I redid the interior of the '82 Flareside, one bench seat, got carpet to match, sprayed everything else . .easy peasey. But the '83 Bronco is a PITA. No one makes a full set for low back front buckets and rear seat. It's an XLT, thats I am downgrading the interior look . .but never the less, not sure why it has low back buckets ( I like them best ) because I thought the XLT would have gotten the highbacks with arm rests. But one has the low backs . .good for me . .except I can find upholstery for the fronts, but not the backs . .from the same company. I try buying the back from another company and not having luck matching. I have called the manus . .don't get too far. Even throwing my business name .. . they don't deal with the "general" public, only their distributors. I want the same color I did the '82, which was a saddle. The vinyls has some similar codes for colors, but not all companies tell you exactly what they are using. Generic terms like "tan" get you in trouble. Even looking at '78'79 seat upholstery because they were low back buckets and I'm pretty sure the same seat. I tried to get one to make the seat ( since they have the pattern, like I wanted it . . almost got it down but they backed out. Having the upholstery sewn locally costs big $$$. I bought a commercial sewing machine because I would like to learn . .but really just want to find some matching color upholstery for the front and back . that's ALL !!! Some make front and back for Captains chairs or high back buckets . .but not low back buckets. Keep me from jumping because I'm about ready to resort to that!

I had the high-back Captain's chairs recovered in Tulsa a few years ago and they were able to get the original '81 material from a supply house in Tulsa. Everything matched.

Yes, it was expensive to have someone sew the stuff up rather then get replacement covers, but they also completely refurb'd the seats with new foam. And they even added neat little map pockets on the backs.

But, perhaps you could start stitching up covers for folks using your sewing machine? Become that middle man they wouldn't sell to?

I had the high-back Captain's chairs recovered in Tulsa a few years ago and they were able to get the original '81 material from a supply house in Tulsa. Everything matched.

Yes, it was expensive to have someone sew the stuff up rather then get replacement covers, but they also completely refurb'd the seats with new foam. And they even added neat little map pockets on the backs.

But, perhaps you could start stitching up covers for folks using your sewing machine? Become that middle man they wouldn't sell to?

Have you tried? https://smsautofabrics.com/

Have you tried? https://smsautofabrics.com/

I have used SMS before when I needed OEM material for restorations. This is not what I'm looking for now. I want upholstery already sewn. HUGE difference in price when it is made in a factory. Raybuck contacted Seatz for me and Seatz might be interested in adding the low back buckets to their offerings. So I forwarded several pictures today and hope to hear something next week. If they added that pattern to their offerings, that will also help '78/'79 owners as well, since the seats are the same. I then made one other contact today and they are sending a sample piece of vinyl for me to see if it matches.

I have used SMS before when I needed OEM material for restorations. This is not what I'm looking for now. I want upholstery already sewn. HUGE difference in price when it is made in a factory. Raybuck contacted Seatz for me and Seatz might be interested in adding the low back buckets to their offerings. So I forwarded several pictures today and hope to hear something next week. If they added that pattern to their offerings, that will also help '78/'79 owners as well, since the seats are the same. I then made one other contact today and they are sending a sample piece of vinyl for me to see if it matches.

It would be great if they add those seats to their product line. :nabble_smiley_good:

It would be great if they add those seats to their product line. :nabble_smiley_good:

I received the affirmative from Seatz, about making the upholstery sets for the low back seats. I took my seat apart today and will be sending them, tomorrow, my factory upholstery. They will make a pattern and make me front upholstery that matches the rear that they make.

bucket_seat_apart.thumb.jpg.fb115422eb9c0fc8c3e61fe48aea73dd.jpg

I received the affirmative from Seatz, about making the upholstery sets for the low back seats. I took my seat apart today and will be sending them, tomorrow, my factory upholstery. They will make a pattern and make me front upholstery that matches the rear that they make.

Cool!! :nabble_smiley_good: