Bullnose Forums

1978 F100 400M C6 2wd

78F100

Carl - Welcome to the Bullnose Forum. :nabble_anim_handshake:

While we specialize in the Bullnose trucks, meaning 1980 - 86 versions, we do know a bit about the earlier ones. For instance, I have a friend that comes over frequently with his '78 F150 w/a 351M, which is the little brother to your 400. We've done quite a bit of work on it, so I do have some experience with them.

Speaking of the 351M, it is part of the 335 Series of Ford's engines, and that is my favorite series. The engines are lighter than a 460, but the 400 has slightly more stroke than the 460 so puts out considerable torque. In fact, the 400 for Dad's truck puts out 500 ft-lbs at a relatively low RPM, which is perfect for a truck. And, those engines are "underdogs". But, in the right hands they can really shine.

Carl - Welcome to the Bullnose Forum. :nabble_anim_handshake:

While we specialize in the Bullnose trucks, meaning 1980 - 86 versions, we do know a bit about the earlier ones. For instance, I have a friend that comes over frequently with his '78 F150 w/a 351M, which is the little brother to your 400. We've done quite a bit of work on it, so I do have some experience with them.

Speaking of the 351M, it is part of the 335 Series of Ford's engines, and that is my favorite series. The engines are lighter than a 460, but the 400 has slightly more stroke than the 460 so puts out considerable torque. In fact, the 400 for Dad's truck puts out 500 ft-lbs at a relatively low RPM, which is perfect for a truck. And, those engines are "underdogs". But, in the right hands they can really shine.

Welcome, Carl, from a neighbor [70 miles west of you]. :nabble_anim_handshake: