Bullnose Forums

Panel color

Cinamon

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

To find the info from the Certification Label go here: Specifications/Body Codes. Then, go here: Specifications/Interior Paint and you can find the SEM # for the paint you need.

And, for 1980 and 1981 there was only one blue - A1B.

(Looking at that now I realize I might be able to merge those two pages. And, I know that there are other paint manufacturers out there that make paints to match, so I probably ought to add their info. :nabble_smiley_sad:)

To find the info from the Certification Label go here: Specifications/Body Codes. Then, go here: Specifications/Interior Paint and you can find the SEM # for the paint you need.

And, for 1980 and 1981 there was only one blue - A1B.

(Looking at that now I realize I might be able to merge those two pages. And, I know that there are other paint manufacturers out there that make paints to match, so I probably ought to add their info. :nabble_smiley_sad:)

Is there a way of actually seeing the colours on a color chip?

I don't have color chips for 1980 or '81. I do have for '82 and '83 if I remember correctly, but those colors are different than your truck. And, I don't have those scanned and on line either.

Plus, there's the problem of color shift in the scanning as well as the monitor on which you are viewing it. I've scanned things and then compared the real thing to what I see on my various monitors and the results vary widely - in my own shop with pretty high-end monitors, much less to someone else with who-knows-what monitor.

Perhaps I need to spend some time figuring out how to at least get them scanned in a way that ensures accuracy, but that still leaves the viewing monitor as the weak link, and there's no way to control that. :nabble_anim_confused:

Actually, I should have said "Yes, buy a color chart." They are frequently available on-line to purchase, and don't cost too much. That's the only true way to see the colors that I know of.

I actually have that brochure on here: http://www.garysgaragemahal.com/1981-pickup-brochure.html But I'll warn you that the colors in the brochure itself don't match reality. And the colors I see on my screens, plural, don't match the brochure itself, and every screen has a different color.

By far the best approach is the color paint chip chart - in your hand. They have chips of the real paint attached to them, at least the ones I have do, and that is much, MUCH more accurate than the printing process that begats the brochures. And completely side-steps the scanning/display problem.

I actually have that brochure on here: http://www.garysgaragemahal.com/1981-pickup-brochure.html But I'll warn you that the colors in the brochure itself don't match reality. And the colors I see on my screens, plural, don't match the brochure itself, and every screen has a different color.

By far the best approach is the color paint chip chart - in your hand. They have chips of the real paint attached to them, at least the ones I have do, and that is much, MUCH more accurate than the printing process that begats the brochures. And completely side-steps the scanning/display problem.

I’ve tracked down the color I’m looking for, has anyone out there any knowledge of where I may find a couple of cans of vinyl spray paint , 15133 wedgewood blue, I have tracked it down several times to find it’s been discontinued ...

I’ve tracked down the color I’m looking for, has anyone out there any knowledge of where I may find a couple of cans of vinyl spray paint , 15133 wedgewood blue, I have tracked it down several times to find it’s been discontinued ...

Says Wedgewood blue metallic for Ford [7 cans available]: https://www.ebay.com/itm/Touch-Up-Custom-Spray-Can-Automotive-Paint-LL-Wedgewood-Blue-Metallic-for-Ford/162681295682?hash=item25e08f9342:g:6kcAAOSwq9NZww99

Base coat: https://www.ebay.com/itm/3-Cans-Duplicolor-BFM0355-For-Ford-Code-LD-Medium-Wedgewood-Aerosol-Spray-Paint/282609481163?epid=19017018730&hash=item41ccd675cb:g:fzwAAOSw1aFZkGQf