Bullnose Forums

ISO Parts...4.9/E4OD to 5.8/C6 questions..Help

So after contemplation and dealing with a super problematic no start condition I've described in the What Have You Done to Your Truck Today thread, I've just decided to rip out everything and start fresh. Trucks a 91 half ton.

I'm going from a 4.9/E4OD to a 74 351w and a late 70s C6. I have not done this swap in a long time and been decades since my father has done it. So I have a few questions. I'm on a super low budget here trying to piece this together since life happened and I'm trying to get back on my feet.

First is the obvious driveshaft issue. I have a pair of shafts out of my 87 with a T170RTS. Will these work with the C6 as far as length? I would measure but simply have not had the time.

I almost not sure if the rod linkage is shorter to shift it into gear...if it is, does anyone have it?

Basically I need:

V belt brackets and pulleys

C6 Shift linkage

C6 frame crossmember

Driveshafts

Engine frame perches (I can't find mine)

Passenger side truck exhaust manifold, preferably non EGR since I broke a bolt in mine

I can get everything else I need to do the swap. Ignition, fuel system etc.

If any of you guys have anything available please let me know I will pay the shipping. I'm in an absolute jam and need to have a vehicle up and running asap or I might lose my job. If I think of anything else or someone thinks of anything I might need I'll add it to the post.

Much thanks everyone. Hopefully we can get this old geezer running.

About the only thing I can offer right now is the exhaust manifold. Where are you located?

I plan to do kind of the opposite swap on my 81. I bought a donor 1994 4x4 with a 351W and E4OD. My truck currently has a 351W/c6 combo. Over the winter I will be swapping the E4OD and 4x4 stuff onto the truck, freeing up a lot of the parts you might need (C6 stuff, crossmember, etc). But it sounds like you need the stuff a lot sooner than that.

Are you going to be at the truck show over the Labor Day weekend? If not I will take a picture of the manifolds I have and get it to you, then we can arrange shipping.

About the only thing I can offer right now is the exhaust manifold. Where are you located?

I plan to do kind of the opposite swap on my 81. I bought a donor 1994 4x4 with a 351W and E4OD. My truck currently has a 351W/c6 combo. Over the winter I will be swapping the E4OD and 4x4 stuff onto the truck, freeing up a lot of the parts you might need (C6 stuff, crossmember, etc). But it sounds like you need the stuff a lot sooner than that.

Are you going to be at the truck show over the Labor Day weekend? If not I will take a picture of the manifolds I have and get it to you, then we can arrange shipping.

Sorry I'm just getting back to ya. I might be ok, I traded my carbed engine for a complete roller engine that's drop in ready. So now I just need perches.