Bullnose Forums

15x8" Ford Wagon Wheels

Machspeed

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks David, I saw the half set last night. Did not note the full set you posted up here. If I don't find anything local or at our show, I may go the ebay route.

Ok, I used what I found in the attic to update our page at Documentation/Driveline/Wheels & Tires. And more specifically the tab called Wheel Types, Applications, Codes, etc and below that the Identification Codes tab. Oh, and there's a new picture on the "Pictures" tab. :nabble_smiley_evil:

Ya'll can go there and check it out. And here are some pics to whet your appetite: :nabble_smiley_wink:

Wagon_Wheel_Example.thumb.jpg.9b01ac3b18594b5c923b1ac31da7dc49.jpg

Wheel_Manufacturers_Code.thumb.jpg.01af224e4b2b752d132835cab650a4ea.jpgWheel_Type_Example.thumb.jpg.1972eef5ab5f01da3f3243e66c18e9f8.jpg

Ok, I used what I found in the attic to update our page at Documentation/Driveline/Wheels & Tires. And more specifically the tab called Wheel Types, Applications, Codes, etc and below that the Identification Codes tab. Oh, and there's a new picture on the "Pictures" tab. :nabble_smiley_evil:

Ya'll can go there and check it out. And here are some pics to whet your appetite: :nabble_smiley_wink:

Gary, don't forget that there were two styles of 8-spoke wheels. You posted the later version, the earlier version has a deeper dish and the spokes are a little different. I have some of the early version 8-spokes that I've been storing for Chris Lott, so if you'd like I can take a picture of one for the page.

Gary, don't forget that there were two styles of 8-spoke wheels. You posted the later version, the earlier version has a deeper dish and the spokes are a little different. I have some of the early version 8-spokes that I've been storing for Chris Lott, so if you'd like I can take a picture of one for the page.

Yes, Shaun, please take some pics. And please include a shot of the code by the valve stem.

Shaun, that's interesting. I too would like to see that. Gary, thank you!!!

Shaun, that's interesting. I too would like to see that. Gary, thank you!!!

For those that haven't "twigged", as the Brits would say, John and I've come to an agreement on the wheels.

And John they are now downstairs, in the way, as you can see. :nabble_smiley_evil:

Larry_Wheels_Stacked_On_First_Floor.thumb.jpg.4770237279244461801c86b6c76deb85.jpg

You might ask how a 74 year old man carried them down the stairs w/o falling, and I'd say "He's smarter than that." :nabble_smiley_evil:

When I built the shop I installed a trap door, an I-beam, and a winch. Works very nicely!

Lowering_Larrys_Wheels_Down.thumb.jpg.db69b00ce4745d14a49e5cd88a7e158a.jpg

Larrys_Wheels_Going_Trough_Floor.thumb.jpg.9a862f90dfa61c199efa1806dda5d1ac.jpg

Trap_Door_From_Bottom.thumb.jpg.3a968d0c7301f5796feed05e8ed4e768.jpg

For those that haven't "twigged", as the Brits would say, John and I've come to an agreement on the wheels.

And John they are now downstairs, in the way, as you can see. :nabble_smiley_evil:

You might ask how a 74 year old man carried them down the stairs w/o falling, and I'd say "He's smarter than that." :nabble_smiley_evil:

When I built the shop I installed a trap door, an I-beam, and a winch. Works very nicely!

I saw the winch yesterday but missed the trap door. Ingenious! I'd have felt bad you pulling those things out of the attic. Work smarter, not harder ey, Gary!