• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:nabble_smiley_cry:

Hello again,

Got the valve now as shown earlier.

Next problem now is, the filter as there is no one inside.

And the Reservoir as such is bigger than the old one.

Can one help me to find it on the Internet, or shall I buy an filter for the old one at Rockauto.com and use this withe the new valve but apply the old smaller reservoir ?

Do you guys have an idea ?

Havaniceday

Heinz

AE66E4A9-1B71-4F86-BD5F-D9B85636F2AD.jpeg.21158cde41121333eeb459c4f261f119.jpeg

Hello again,

Got the valve now as shown earlier.

Next problem now is, the filter as there is no one inside.

And the Reservoir as such is bigger than the old one.

Can one help me to find it on the Internet, or shall I buy an filter for the old one at Rockauto.com and use this withe the new valve but apply the old smaller reservoir ?

Do you guys have an idea ?

Havaniceday

Heinz

Ok, I got lost. Where did you get that reservoir? And what ID # is on it? I should be able to cross reference the ID # to a part # and find the filter for that reservoir.

Ok, I got lost. Where did you get that reservoir? And what ID # is on it? I should be able to cross reference the ID # to a part # and find the filter for that reservoir.

Oh, I just googled, for the numbers what myrl887 mentioned

„Your '86 should have a reservoir (9K044/9B263)“

And this one, (F1UZ-9B263-B) then was offered via Amazon for a reasonable price.

As it had all necessary ports I took that risk.

The Problem is that neither Rockauto nore LMC offered one.

https://www.amazon.com/-/de/dp/B08MFD5NL9/ref=pd_vtp_2/139-6432611-0463202?pd_rd_w=SuTko&pf_rd_p=016e3697-91be-4dc2-9533-ef9350e7e73d&pf_rd_r=BQVCFPF5K59RJEA8KSJG&pd_rd_r=8b897f31-71e1-4a80-938a-3f6191d2b505&pd_rd_wg=nRbMN&pd_rd_i=B08MFD5NL9&psc=1

This is why I said below the picture I posted, that I was surprised that this is for trucks from 1989 onwards.

I know that might be a bit naive, but I had to do something.

Good night

Heinz

Oh, I just googled, for the numbers what myrl887 mentioned

„Your '86 should have a reservoir (9K044/9B263)“

And this one, (F1UZ-9B263-B) then was offered via Amazon for a reasonable price.

As it had all necessary ports I took that risk.

The Problem is that neither Rockauto nore LMC offered one.

https://www.amazon.com/-/de/dp/B08MFD5NL9/ref=pd_vtp_2/139-6432611-0463202?pd_rd_w=SuTko&pf_rd_p=016e3697-91be-4dc2-9533-ef9350e7e73d&pf_rd_r=BQVCFPF5K59RJEA8KSJG&pd_rd_r=8b897f31-71e1-4a80-938a-3f6191d2b505&pd_rd_wg=nRbMN&pd_rd_i=B08MFD5NL9&psc=1

This is why I said below the picture I posted, that I was surprised that this is for trucks from 1989 onwards.

I know that might be a bit naive, but I had to do something.

Good night

Heinz

Oh, ok. It is F1UZ-9B263-B part number, and my MPC doesn't go to 1991. So I can't come up with the part number of the filter. Sorry.

As for "night", I'll say gute nacht. But it is already tomorrow there! So instead I'll say guten morgen.

Oh, ok. It is F1UZ-9B263-B part number, and my MPC doesn't go to 1991. So I can't come up with the part number of the filter. Sorry.

As for "night", I'll say gute nacht. But it is already tomorrow there! So instead I'll say guten morgen.

Good Morning,

Your german ist still good !

Yes Gary, you are 5h behind us and you probably fast asleep at this very moment.

but while you read this (I assume it will be sometime around 8 or 9 ish. I might be on my way into the Stadion to see my favourite soccer club „Eintracht Frankfurt“ playing „1.FC Cologne“.

Asking the valve/resevoir quickly.

Which #would you have picked ?

Is it possible that there doesn belong a filter into the new one I bought ?

Otherwise, please have a nice day and enjoy the weekend.

Heinz

Good Morning,

Yes Gary, you are 5h behind us and you probably fast asleep at this very moment.

but while you read this (I assume it will be sometime around 8 or 9 ish. I might be on my way into the Stadion to see my favourite soccer club „Eintracht Frankfurt“ playing „1.FC Cologne“.

Heinz

Thanks, Heinz. But I think I'm 7 hours behind you. I'm in CDT, which is -6 UTC, and you are in CET which is +1 UTC. (Having lived in London I know w/o thinking that we are 6 hours behind them. And having been on the Continent many, many times I can usually remember to add an hour for Central and two hours for Eastern Europe.)

Anyway, it is very possible there wasn't a filter in the housing. I know that the later fuel systems had a separate, frame-mounted, filter. So I think in your case I'd put the valve in to see that it works correctly. Then I'd add a filter in the line. I used the Motorcraft FG872 Fuel Filter in Big Blue as that is standard for the 1990's system I installed.

And good luck on the soccer! I've not been to that stadium but have been near it as DuPont has facilities in Neu-Isenberg. Of course I've been through the Flughafen many, many times, and that's near the stadium as well.

And, as you know, I've spent a bit of time near your home. Always stayed in the Steigenberger across the street from the park in Bad Homburg. So I've been up/down the A5 quite a few times.

Hope your trip is easy and the match goes your way!

Good Morning,

Heinz

I purchased this same reservoir for my 86 F150, it did not have a separate removable filter. But it’s working just fine. The old one I removed did not have a separate filter either.

I really don’t think it’s a filter/reservoir but just a reservoir, so I installed an in line filter between the reservoir and high pressure pump

I purchased this same reservoir for my 86 F150, it did not have a separate removable filter. But it’s working just fine. The old one I removed did not have a separate filter either.

I really don’t think it’s a filter/reservoir but just a reservoir, so I installed an in line filter between the reservoir and high pressure pump

Allright, thanx for your thoughts.

Means I got the right part.

I‘ll probably go your way too and let you know how it ends.

Attending the game was „solala“ means bad soccer from both sides, ended 1:1, but the vibe was as good as always.

Good night then.

Oh, and Gary I sure know wich ways you must have gone while beeing on the road Bad Homburg and Neu Isenburg.

I used to drive those for 25 years, but stopped as Corona made most of us able to work from home that makes thing easier.

A petty you didn‘t make it into the Stadion those days.

Allright, thanx for your thoughts.

Means I got the right part.

I‘ll probably go your way too and let you know how it ends.

Attending the game was „solala“ means bad soccer from both sides, ended 1:1, but the vibe was as good as always.

Good night then.

Oh, and Gary I sure know wich ways you must have gone while beeing on the road Bad Homburg and Neu Isenburg.

I used to drive those for 25 years, but stopped as Corona made most of us able to work from home that makes thing easier.

A petty you didn‘t make it into the Stadion those days.

That's the part about soccer I've never understood. Why stop with a tie? Play it off! :nabble_smiley_evil:

Anyway, yes you should know those roads. I did as well. In fact when Janey and I were taking in the Rhine country back in 2013, staying in Bacharach, we were to fly out of Frankfurt so we drove in via Weisbaden and I showed her around.

I know it was 2013 as we stayed in a hotel near the Flughafen and while at dinner we saw the headlines that a tornado had hit Moore, Oklahoma. It killed 24 people and injured 212, and the alerts on our phones kept us awake most of the night.