Bullnose Forums

Our Forum Moved - And There Are Problems

No problem in Dissenter browser.

No problem in Brave browser.

Both are Chromium variants, Dissenter forked off Brave a couple years ago.

Ok, thanks!

This is like Catch 22! People that can post tell me what works. People that can't post don't tell me what doesn't work. :nabble_smiley_cry:

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok, thanks!

This is like Catch 22! People that can post tell me what works. People that can't post don't tell me what doesn't work. :nabble_smiley_cry:

Once I refreshed the cache, at least on my garage computer (Chrome, Windows 10 Pro x64), it's working correctly. When I get to work, I'll see if my work laptop agrees...

Yippee! But please let me know from work.

I'm in on the work PC. Win 10, Chrome. Site has the new decal logo at top. I just used whatever came up when I started typing Gar.... it auto filled and I hit enter. And here I am. I'm not even going to pretend to know what is going on.

I'm in on the work PC. Win 10, Chrome. Site has the new decal logo at top. I just used whatever came up when I started typing Gar.... it auto filled and I hit enter. And here I am. I'm not even going to pretend to know what is going on.

Thanks, Randy! That's good to know. :nabble_smiley_beam:

Not only has our forum been moved, but they turned security (https) on?

Thank you, thank you, thank you, Gary! This is important in today's world IMO.

~~

Thanks for the explanation about Janey & your brother, I obviously don't read everything....

Not only has our forum been moved, but they turned security (https) on?

Thank you, thank you, thank you, Gary! This is important in today's world IMO.

~~

Thanks for the explanation about Janey & your brother, I obviously don't read everything....

Chris - I'd planned to add https when we move to the new AWS servers. But I was holding off 'cause I expected it to be a hassle to change certificates in the middle of the move. However, we had no choice as Nabble apparently decided that was the way to solve the log-in problem.

I'd probably have more hair and fewer ulcers had they told me they were doing it instead of letting me catch that one more character, "s", in the the URL. Fortunately I finally did and then worked out what changes that required on my end. And now it appears that everything works.

Oddly enough, I suspect that making that one change would have solved the problem with our TEST forum on the AWS servers and we'd have been off of Nabble's servers a few months ago. That would have mean two less forums to move and less traffic on their servers.

Now we are awaiting Pedro becoming available to help us in September and then maybe we can move.

I'm with Opa Randy on this ... just hit the icon on the desktop ...

And here I am. I'm not even going to pretend to know what is going on.

have the new logo

test-logo-8.jpg.9d18d933c8229afd10aa12b8b27ceb7b.jpg

Since you're wondering about how various systems are working:

Noticed that Jim @ ArdWrknTrk hasn't signed in but then he uses his phone all the time.

Might be an issue, or maybe not.

Edit, may be of interest: Running Safari Version 14.1.2 (15611.3.10.1.5, 15611)