Bullnose Forums

302 Plug Wire Holders

I like those wire holders. :nabble_smiley_good:

But the original ones are still available. Here's what I found on Parts Voice:

Interesting. Local dealer told me no dice. If I had to order out of the US, they'd cost more than the aftermarket kit from Summit unfortunately.

If you don't care about OEM, this guy makes a neat DIY version.

I did see that, and I may end up actually doing it, even if it's only temporary. Things have gotten way out of hand with this truck, and I'm trying to keep the spending down to a dull roar right now...lol.

My wife asked me the other day: "You're keeping this truck for a while, right? RIGHT?".

I did see that, and I may end up actually doing it, even if it's only temporary. Things have gotten way out of hand with this truck, and I'm trying to keep the spending down to a dull roar right now...lol.

My wife asked me the other day: "You're keeping this truck for a while, right? RIGHT?".

I saw that as well, and might actually suggest it when working on someone's truck that needs a bit of sprucing up right now.

However, never use white zip ties. Nylon is not UV stable and white zip ties fail in about a year when outside. Black zip ties have carbon added and that makes them UV stable. I don't know what is used to make red, blue, or any other color zip tie, but the filler may also stop the UV from penetrating, although I don't know that.

Anyway, you did say YES in answer to your wife's question. Right? :nabble_smiley_wink:

I came across these on the rack at CarQuest the other day, and they just happen to fit the factory valve cover bolt posts perfectly. They might be off angle a bit since they're dead straight, but for a couple bucks each I decided to give 'em a try. They're listed as fitting 7mm wires, but my Ford 8mm wires seem to fit fine. For a sub $10 solution, it was worth a try. I'll advise shortly;).

https://www.dormanproducts.com/p-7470-40286.aspx

IMG_4666.jpg.dfdb8347bf343a00d740c07c9e042b4b.jpg

IMG_4670.jpg.a06c466efa4867424d4c669ed264b295.jpg

I came across these on the rack at CarQuest the other day, and they just happen to fit the factory valve cover bolt posts perfectly. They might be off angle a bit since they're dead straight, but for a couple bucks each I decided to give 'em a try. They're listed as fitting 7mm wires, but my Ford 8mm wires seem to fit fine. For a sub $10 solution, it was worth a try. I'll advise shortly;).

https://www.dormanproducts.com/p-7470-40286.aspx

They look good. Did they happen to have them in 3 and 2-wire configurations?

They look good. Did they happen to have them in 3 and 2-wire configurations?

They only had the 4 wire holders in-stock where I was, but there are other available.

https://www.dormanproducts.com/p-3164-40283.aspx?origin=keyword

Nice thing about Dorman products is that everybody sells them (usually).

I'd say with the variety of them available, you could make your wires look very stock;).