Bullnose Forums

302 Plug Wire Holders

Anybody know if these clips are still available from Ford? I have four of these holders (all broken) and four valve cover bolts with the posts to attach these to. Are there any other cleaner/neater options for running and organizing the wires? I have a set of the Ford 8mm wires. I'd like to get four new clips...or try another option if there is one...

IMG_4628.jpg.441d6d0d5724a20308f5a92c25b6fa98.jpg

I wonder if lmc trucks or rockauto would have them. I wouldnt mind knowing either. My plug wires are a mess.

LMC Truck does have some similar wire holders, but my problem with them is that if I order today they'll likely take two weeks to get here, and I'd like to have them sooner. I'm going to do a little digging today to see what I can come up with.

LMC Truck does have some similar wire holders, but my problem with them is that if I order today they'll likely take two weeks to get here, and I'd like to have them sooner. I'm going to do a little digging today to see what I can come up with.

Added a new page to the website today: Electrical/Ignition. And that includes a tab for Ignition Wiring that has the part numbers for the things known as Separator (Ignition Wire).

In addition, I'll be including the info from the pages on Ignition Modules and Ignition Switches and then redirecting links to those pages to that page.

Noticed while changing the 3.0 Vulcan V6 in my 2003 Ranger that the plug wire holders are very similar in design. 2 and 3 slot varieties. Maybe another source to look at in the salvage yard? Taurus and Windstar also use that Vulcan V6.

So did the 3.8L Taurus and also RWD cars with that engine using a distributor. Even the DIS Mustangs had a similar setup.

Added a new page to the website today: Electrical/Ignition. And that includes a tab for Ignition Wiring that has the part numbers for the things known as Separator (Ignition Wire).

Gary, that info is very helpful, thank you!

I did go looking for it before I asked FYI...just so you know;).

Gary, that info is very helpful, thank you!

I did go looking for it before I asked FYI...just so you know;).

Glad it helps. And lots of them available on the internet.

But they weren’t all that easy to find in the catalog. I finally found an illustration that had the generic part number and from there was able to find them in the text section.

But they weren’t all that easy to find in the catalog. I finally found an illustration that had the generic part number and from there was able to find them in the text section.

Gary, that was a huge help. Thanks again. I checked with the Ford dealer, and all of the part numbers are long LONG obsolete. Bad enough, the guy at the parts counter didn't even want to put any effort into looking them up...lol. I should know better by now shouldn't I?...lol. Seems all I can get at the Ford dealer for my truck is an oil filter;).

I see there are all kinds of them on Ebay as well, but the problem with them is shipping outside the US is absolutely ridiculous. It would almost be cheaper to buy my own plastic injection molding machine;).

Anyway...

I found these. Expensive yes, but very nice and neat and tidy.

https://www.summitracing.com/int/parts/mfy-5075611/overview/

Nice picture installed about half way down the page in this link:

http://www.stangfix.com/threads/lets-talk-distributors-and-spark-plug-wires.22449/

Gary, that was a huge help. Thanks again. I checked with the Ford dealer, and all of the part numbers are long LONG obsolete. Bad enough, the guy at the parts counter didn't even want to put any effort into looking them up...lol. I should know better by now shouldn't I?...lol. Seems all I can get at the Ford dealer for my truck is an oil filter;).

I see there are all kinds of them on Ebay as well, but the problem with them is shipping outside the US is absolutely ridiculous. It would almost be cheaper to buy my own plastic injection molding machine;).

Anyway...

I found these. Expensive yes, but very nice and neat and tidy.

https://www.summitracing.com/int/parts/mfy-5075611/overview/

Nice picture installed about half way down the page in this link:

http://www.stangfix.com/threads/lets-talk-distributors-and-spark-plug-wires.22449/

I like those wire holders. :nabble_smiley_good:

But the original ones are still available. Here's what I found on Parts Voice:

12297B.thumb.jpg.5c9359d8907c2a3997dfda35e856581e.jpg