Bullnose Forums

New to the forum, Hello!

Hello everyone My name is Justin Collins I am 21 years old and located in Pennsylvania and I am the proud owner of a 1985 ford F-250 With a 460 in her. I bought the truck running but upon a fun spring night out with freinds the old girl left me stranded on the side of the road at 11 o'clock at night. It was an interesting Saturday to say at the least lol! So being young and ambitious I took it upon myself to just have it towed back to my house and give it a shot at trying to fix it myself. I have no prior mechanical experience besides changing the oil in my car and my parents truck and small jobs like replacing an alternator and a throttle body. I am however very interested in learning and boy has this truck been a learning experience, in at first what I thought was going to be a lesson in mechanics but, then ending up being more and a lesson in electrical 101. The truck broke down in May and is still not running. It is sitting in my parents drive way and my mother is just about tired of looking at it so I have to get he old girl back on the road and running agin! So far what I have done to it is replace gas tank the fuel pump and sending unit as well as the fuel lines (me being a newbie that made quite a mess) Once that didn't work I had to take it upon my self to learn some electrical, So I replaced the relays, the solenoid, the pigtail for the pink and black wire that runs to the fuel pump directly and the fusible link attached to that wire. Lastly I tried to jump the inertia switch in the cab and that also got me nowhere. I should mention aside from that I replaced the 6 port selector switch on the frame of the truck do to an unrelated problem I was having before I broke down. I can verify that the new 6 port selector switch does work properly. Most recently I tried to jump the fuel pump from the pigtail on the pink and black wire the the positive battery terminal and I did hear the new pump prime so that made my week! But she still does not fire up when I go to start her in the cab. So long story short I am kinda stuck! I hope to learn more about this tuck on this forum. I definitely could have not gotten this far with out the kind help from folks on the internet and I am very appreciative of everyone who has taught me and help me along the way and I can't wait the learn more and get this old girl rolling down the road!

Welcome, Justin! Glad you joined. :nabble_anim_handshake:

What part of PA? I ask for two reasons. One, I used to live in Kennett Square. Two, we have a map (Bullnose Forum/Member's Map in the menu) and we can add you if we had a city or zip.

On the truck, I also have an '85 F250 w/a 460 and have done a bit of work on it. So I'll bet we can get you going. But you should start a new thread in the main section as more people will see it there than here.

Welcome, Justin! Glad you joined. :nabble_anim_handshake:

What part of PA? I ask for two reasons. One, I used to live in Kennett Square. Two, we have a map (Bullnose Forum/Member's Map in the menu) and we can add you if we had a city or zip.

On the truck, I also have an '85 F250 w/a 460 and have done a bit of work on it. So I'll bet we can get you going. But you should start a new thread in the main section as more people will see it there than here.

Hello Garry, Thank you for having me on here. I am North of Kennett Square, I am located in Bangor PA. I would love to be one the map! I will get on writing up a post for the main section. I can't wait to get working on this old girl and learning more!

Hello Garry, Thank you for having me on here. I am North of Kennett Square, I am located in Bangor PA. I would love to be one the map! I will get on writing up a post for the main section. I can't wait to get working on this old girl and learning more!

You are now on the map.