Bullnose Forums

Deer killed my Bullnose... Mangled the front

Houston, we have a problem.

Was testing my recently aquired scan tool and at 3000RPM I destructively discovered I had a bent power steering pulley:

Made one heck of a racket... Sounded like I threw a rod at first :nabble_smiley_scared:

I'm thinking they pulley got dinged in the wreck (remember the thrown yet intact belt?)... And it kerploded right at the goose throttle part of a KOER test.

The good news is all that broke were the two belts and the pulley. The bad news is that pulley is unobtainium... May have to look at junk yards although last time I looked, the few I remember anything about had the pumps taken. Fiddlesticks... Back to being a driveway queen for the moment. This is what we can't have nice things.

Bummer! But at least you didn't damage too much. Sure hope you can find that pulley. As said, I'm fresh out.

Houston, we have a problem.

Was testing my recently aquired scan tool and at 3000RPM I destructively discovered I had a bent power steering pulley:

Made one heck of a racket... Sounded like I threw a rod at first :nabble_smiley_scared:

I'm thinking they pulley got dinged in the wreck (remember the thrown yet intact belt?)... And it kerploded right at the goose throttle part of a KOER test.

The good news is all that broke were the two belts and the pulley. The bad news is that pulley is unobtainium... May have to look at junk yards although last time I looked, the few I remember anything about had the pumps taken. Fiddlesticks... Back to being a driveway queen for the moment. This is what we can't have nice things.

Any chance this will work?

https://www.ebay.com/p/1222166110

s-l1600.thumb.jpg.d618228bb2962722646760953ce6be3d.jpg

Yep. May go to pull-a-part and see what I can find... as even after gas, at $10.50 after fees and core they're a lot cheaper. Need to get a puller anyway so that doesn't factor.

Pulley aquired along with two more "old" Sylvania sealed beams. From the truck full of yellowjackets that I got grille surrounds and a turn signal from an earlier visit. Thankfully they relocated... Pulley was still pretty stubborn but I was able to get it. Not in bad shape either... Straight with very little wear.

Getting belts now... Hopefully I'll have it back tonight or tomorrow afternoon.

Pulley aquired along with two more "old" Sylvania sealed beams. From the truck full of yellowjackets that I got grille surrounds and a turn signal from an earlier visit. Thankfully they relocated... Pulley was still pretty stubborn but I was able to get it. Not in bad shape either... Straight with very little wear.

Getting belts now... Hopefully I'll have it back tonight or tomorrow afternoon.

Good job! But you may want to carry a spare headlight - used ones may not last long. :nabble_smiley_wink:

:nabble_smiley_good:

:nabble_thumbs-down-23_orig:

No bueno on the pulley. I forgot that the truck I pulled from doesn't have factory air... Different diameter and spacing:

IMG_20210925_230543.jpg.c545497dc7d8cb940955ab889b9f8ed4.jpg

The engineering number in on what came off is E0TC-3D673-HA

The engineering number on what I pulled is E0TC-3D673-BA.

Ruined by one letter. Darn. The Ebay part is the right one though. Didn't want to blow 70 bux but so be it.