Bullnose Forums

Deer killed my Bullnose... Mangled the front

Looking good and like a truck again.

I dont see why the hood cant go on as it will need to sooner or later and it will protect the under hood if the truck is outside.

The rest will come together in time.

Dave ----

I had it tarped last night after shooting the final pics.

The hood is more of a "I really don't want to bother" issue... not sure if I want to give the paint the full 48 hours to cure before trying to wrangle it. Also, the paint turned out a bit patchy (my fault, I only wet sanded the existing paint rather than stripping it and starting over) so I dunno if I want to do any more paint work before putting it on the truck.

I had it tarped last night after shooting the final pics.

The hood is more of a "I really don't want to bother" issue... not sure if I want to give the paint the full 48 hours to cure before trying to wrangle it. Also, the paint turned out a bit patchy (my fault, I only wet sanded the existing paint rather than stripping it and starting over) so I dunno if I want to do any more paint work before putting it on the truck.

Dude! I'm glad you didn't get rid of the truck.

Never give up, never surrender!

Dude! I'm glad you didn't get rid of the truck.

Never give up, never surrender!

Installed the splash shield and hood this afternoon:

IMG_20210912_1606191.jpg.4d9451539a16807df6e935bb02f44a97.jpg

Yeah, I got lazy and didn't paint the insides of anything... I also didn't prep the hood well enough either, as the finish is rough and inconsistant. All I did was wet sand it until smooth and primer'd wherever there was bare metal. Apparently the white paint didn't agree with the auto enamel. Not the end of the world, but a bit ugly. Not that I was in contention for the best paint award anyway! http://www.garysgaragemahal.com/uploads/6/5/8/7/65879365/poo-23_orig.png

IMG_20210912_1608151.jpg.6b83dc0442b9c4a226f73ad72c1fa1d2.jpg

Installed the splash shield and hood this afternoon:

Yeah, I got lazy and didn't paint the insides of anything... I also didn't prep the hood well enough either, as the finish is rough and inconsistant. All I did was wet sand it until smooth and primer'd wherever there was bare metal. Apparently the white paint didn't agree with the auto enamel. Not the end of the world, but a bit ugly. Not that I was in contention for the best paint award anyway! :nabble_poo-23_orig:

Looking good, Larry! That is a lot of work but it is really coming together. :nabble_anim_claps:

As for the shirt, that’s one of the NPD shirts from the show. :nabble_smiley_wink:

Correct on the shirt!

The Expedition emblem came in, and it does fit:

IMG_20210914_1904171.jpg.c83d0e0f6e232fad017f8de024a56f62.jpg

Rather than use adhesive like the Expidition did, I used the stakes with nuts. I didn't have any sheet metal ones handy, so I cheated and used some 1/4-20 keep nuts.

Ford Part/Engineering number:

(edit- that number is 2L14-7843156-AA)

Installed:

Something about it doesn't quite look right... although most of the pictures I've found seem to show the same emblem used? Maybe it's the double chrome oval? Or maybe I'm so used to aged faded emblems like on the fenders? (the XL logo to be exact, is faded to pink instead of the original red).

How does it look? Yay or nay?

IMG_20210914_1856341.jpg.d03efb4bf19ff6ab4b52fc2250766041.jpg

IMG_20210914_1919581.jpg.9d072ecf1037274ae05b2cc814766497.jpg

The Expedition emblem came in, and it does fit:

Rather than use adhesive like the Expidition did, I used the stakes with nuts. I didn't have any sheet metal ones handy, so I cheated and used some 1/4-20 keep nuts.

Ford Part/Engineering number:

(edit- that number is 2L14-7843156-AA)

Installed:

Something about it doesn't quite look right... although most of the pictures I've found seem to show the same emblem used? Maybe it's the double chrome oval? Or maybe I'm so used to aged faded emblems like on the fenders? (the XL logo to be exact, is faded to pink instead of the original red).

How does it look? Yay or nay?

I don’t know if you got in my head, but it looks different for some reason.

But I like it!