Bullnose Forums

Ford Announces The Eluminator - Crate Electric Motor

• 2 months later...

That's a really sweet installation. :nabble_smiley_good:

It is, I like the charge door as well but I probably would put the charge port where the OE filler door was just to make it look more OE.

That's exactly what I was thinking. The new Powerboost is said to have the battery under the bed, so why not put it there on one of these and then put the connector in the filler door?

Yep I saw that on the Ford fb page they posted it a few hours ago

Here are the other photos which I didnt see in that write up that Ford posted along with the ones that are shown above in higher resolution.

I guess cabin heat in EV vehicles comes right from the batteries?

So clean... I wonder how a truck like this would hold up to being soaked with undercoating oil, then covered in road salt and grime between washings...

LD

I guess cabin heat in EV vehicles comes right from the batteries?

So clean... I wonder how a truck like this would hold up to being soaked with undercoating oil, then covered in road salt and grime between washings...

LD

Yes, it is extremely clean. Very well done. Would be a shame to have it coated in oil and salt! :nabble_smiley_oh:

But good question about heat. I'd guess resistance strips, but don't know. However, you may be right about the batteries, although they would only produce heat when the vehicle is moving. So maybe both?