Bullnose Forums

Big Blue

Gary Lewis

I'm testing the gallery application on the forum. I'd created one separately, but just learned that we can have one as part of the forum, so let's give it go.

Here's Big Blue after I got him home and washed & waxed him:

After_Wash_and_Wax_Front_Quarter.jpg.1879c28ef347f2dcde61bf81d21a0f2c.jpg

Here he is after adding the nerf bars:

Passenger_Side.jpg.71bb9c6d21cb6286e7de693fb0d58f0f.jpg

Here's the winch installed:

Winch_Bolted_In.thumb.jpg.72f744f32c8f536630776d0f05ef6f4d.jpg

And the front receiver:

Front_Receiver_Bracing_II.thumb.jpg.1bcca6ecda4f80b4c6030db1b3138085.jpg

• 1 month later...

So this is the truck that was your Dad's right? So what is the history of this truck? ( do you have that posted somewhere else? )

No, Dad’s truck is an ‘81 F150 4x4 which he bought from a friend that bought it new. It was originally used to to a travel trailer, even though the 351M was ...... gutless. However, with a few goodies, as shown in the signature, it put out 409 HP and 498 ft-lbs on Tim’s dyno. 😉 Anyway, there are several pages in this website devoted to it, and you get there by Documentation/Picture Galleries/Dad’s Truck. Below that there are pages about the engine, wheels, etc.

Big Blue is a 4x4 ‘85 XLT Lariat Explorer F250HD. He has a couple of pages on the website:

• 5 years later...

No, Dad’s truck is an ‘81 F150 4x4 which he bought from a friend that bought it new. It was originally used to to a travel trailer, even though the 351M was ...... gutless. However, with a few goodies, as shown in the signature, it put out 409 HP and 498 ft-lbs on Tim’s dyno. 😉 Anyway, there are several pages in this website devoted to it, and you get there by Documentation/Picture Galleries/Dad’s Truck. Below that there are pages about the engine, wheels, etc.

Big Blue is a 4x4 ‘85 XLT Lariat Explorer F250HD. He has a couple of pages on the website:

One of my favorite color combos for sure.

Thanks, Ray. It isn’t pretty, but it is capable.

I see the Big Blue's Transformation thread. 300+ pages. I don't have time right now to go through all them, but would love to see you update this photo album with just the latest photos of Big Blue.

I wish I could find a Warn winch bumper like that!!

I see the Big Blue's Transformation thread. 300+ pages. I don't have time right now to go through all them, but would love to see you update this photo album with just the latest photos of Big Blue.

I wish I could find a Warn winch bumper like that!!

I'm not sure how much difference most people would notice from those pics. The biggest difference is in the stance as the front came up 4" with the SAS/RSK.

But beyond that almost everything is changed. Engine, transmission, interior, toolbox contents, bed and bed cover, etc. You can get an overview of what's changed via the document embedded in the first post of the Big Blue's Transformation thread. And, by the way, that document resides on my OneDrive so I can easily update it when I make a change, like the Koito headlight shells and Tungsram +120 bulbs that are on order from Daniel Stern. When they've been installed I'll add them to the list.

So are you saying I should take a lot of pics and add them to this gallery? I think the better place is in the gallery page I created for him on the Weebly site: Documentation/Picture Galleries/Big Blue. I've already started toward that end as I have the As Acquired tab and then the Transformed tab. But I should add a lot more pics and more tabs w/in the Transformed tab to show a lot of the details. And the beauty of doing it on the Weebly site is that you can see a collage of pictures and pic the one you want to look at.

Thoughts?

I'm not sure how much difference most people would notice from those pics. The biggest difference is in the stance as the front came up 4" with the SAS/RSK.

But beyond that almost everything is changed. Engine, transmission, interior, toolbox contents, bed and bed cover, etc. You can get an overview of what's changed via the document embedded in the first post of the Big Blue's Transformation thread. And, by the way, that document resides on my OneDrive so I can easily update it when I make a change, like the Koito headlight shells and Tungsram +120 bulbs that are on order from Daniel Stern. When they've been installed I'll add them to the list.

So are you saying I should take a lot of pics and add them to this gallery? I think the better place is in the gallery page I created for him on the Weebly site: Documentation/Picture Galleries/Big Blue. I've already started toward that end as I have the As Acquired tab and then the Transformed tab. But I should add a lot more pics and more tabs w/in the Transformed tab to show a lot of the details. And the beauty of doing it on the Weebly site is that you can see a collage of pictures and pic the one you want to look at.

Thoughts?

Oh, I see. Tribal knowledge I've missed out on or forgotten. I didn't look at the first page of the transformation page, I went straight to the latest pages hoping to find updates. I would have found the weebly stuff to.

Well, its looking great Gary. Im a sucker for blue Ford trucks. If you ever find another Warn Winch bumper....you gotta grab that sucker. Not many of those around from what I can see.

• 3 weeks later...