Bullnose Forums

C6 governor removal

Hi Gary,

I still appreciate your guidance de-smogging my truck back in the day......I removed the last remnant of that Ca. system two weeks ago (long story) & installed a new Holley! Feels like a 20% power bump....don't know about mpg yet :nabble_smiley_beam:

Hey, Ken! I wish that you and your wife were able to attend the truck show at the end of this week. What has it been... 3 years?

:nabble_anim_handshake:

Hi Gary,

I still appreciate your guidance de-smogging my truck back in the day......I removed the last remnant of that Ca. system two weeks ago (long story) & installed a new Holley! Feels like a 20% power bump....don't know about mpg yet :nabble_smiley_beam:

Yes, it must have been either 3 or 4 years. What a wonderful event! People from New Zealand, Australia, Alabama, Colorado, and even California! (And lots of other places in between.)

So, Ken, how 'bout telling us what you've done in another thread?

Yes, it must have been either 3 or 4 years. What a wonderful event! People from New Zealand, Australia, Alabama, Colorado, and even California! (And lots of other places in between.)

And Nova Scotia! Wasn't Vinny in attendance that year?

And Nova Scotia! Wasn't Vinny in attendance that year?

Yes, he was! That was quite a year.

Yes, he was! That was quite a year.

Hi gentlemen!

David, I'd have loved to have been there at the show this year!

Yes, three years ago - 2018 (Vinny was there). I'm pretty confident that we will get across again sometime, but Covid is cramping everyone's aspirations now.

We (New Zealand) are in the later stages of our second nationwide lockdown right now with Delta.......so far only one fatality this time, but I think we've really dodged a bullet - it was brought in from Australia & moved very quickly; I think we very nearly lost control of it.

Regarding a truck thread Gary, I don't know if it would be very inspiring......mainly just routine maintenance etc & all the typical 80-86 issues.

The various transmission transplants & conversions were interesting, but pretty basic.....ALTHOUGH, I am about to embark on a rear end change, which will be fun.

The truck currently has it's original Dana 60 semi-float, 3.54 rear, which has slowly developed a hum when taking a LH curve (215,000 miles) - just slackness in the side bearings I think, rather than an actual ring & pinion problem.

But I bought an F250 rolling chassis cheap with a good full-float (vs my semi-float) Dana 60, that is a direct bolt-in regarding pad spacings, shock & sway bar mounts, brake drum spacings etc. And it's a 4.10, which will be slightly better suited for my use.

Also, really making my day, I had new replacement brake parts on the shelf for the original axle - shoes, hydraulics, spring hardware etc - which are all interchangeable with the new axle :nabble_smiley_beam:.

So these parts, along with new wheel bearings & seals, will freshen the 'new' axle up for the swap, beef up the truck's capacity, & improve my gearing in a clean sweep. :nabble_smiley_good:

I'd like to get that done & in before our summer....along with new calipers & hard brake lines. But work & commitments don't leave much spare time. :nabble_smiley_sad:

All the best Gary & David, I hope all's going well for you both! :nabble_waving_orig:

Hi gentlemen!

David, I'd have loved to have been there at the show this year!

Yes, three years ago - 2018 (Vinny was there). I'm pretty confident that we will get across again sometime, but Covid is cramping everyone's aspirations now.

We (New Zealand) are in the later stages of our second nationwide lockdown right now with Delta.......so far only one fatality this time, but I think we've really dodged a bullet - it was brought in from Australia & moved very quickly; I think we very nearly lost control of it.

Regarding a truck thread Gary, I don't know if it would be very inspiring......mainly just routine maintenance etc & all the typical 80-86 issues.

The various transmission transplants & conversions were interesting, but pretty basic.....ALTHOUGH, I am about to embark on a rear end change, which will be fun.

The truck currently has it's original Dana 60 semi-float, 3.54 rear, which has slowly developed a hum when taking a LH curve (215,000 miles) - just slackness in the side bearings I think, rather than an actual ring & pinion problem.

But I bought an F250 rolling chassis cheap with a good full-float (vs my semi-float) Dana 60, that is a direct bolt-in regarding pad spacings, shock & sway bar mounts, brake drum spacings etc. And it's a 4.10, which will be slightly better suited for my use.

Also, really making my day, I had new replacement brake parts on the shelf for the original axle - shoes, hydraulics, spring hardware etc - which are all interchangeable with the new axle :nabble_smiley_beam:.

So these parts, along with new wheel bearings & seals, will freshen the 'new' axle up for the swap, beef up the truck's capacity, & improve my gearing in a clean sweep. :nabble_smiley_good:

I'd like to get that done & in before our summer....along with new calipers & hard brake lines. But work & commitments don't leave much spare time. :nabble_smiley_sad:

All the best Gary & David, I hope all's going well for you both! :nabble_waving_orig:

Ken - The New Zealand approach has had a dramatically different effect on deaths than our approach here in the US. Even just here in Oklahoma our 7-day average is currently 27/day. And since our population is only 3/4ths that of yours, that 27 should really be extrapolated to 36/day. It is really hitting us hard.

So I do hope that we get this thing in control, quickly. And, that you can travel here soon.

As for the thread, I'd be interested in reading it. I vote that you tell us what is going on with you!