Bullnose Forums

Tire options - Goodyear/Goodrich? 31/33?

Gsmblue

Fitting timing for my needs. I've been entertaining a set of 31x10.50-15 tires on Ford OEM Wagon Wheels for my truck since last year. I do worry about the wheel scrub but wondering if my truck might sit a little higher. Rusty, is your truck a 4x4?

Below is a red F150 4x4 with 31x10.50-15 tires and the wheels that will be going on my truck. Next to it is my truck, which appears to be higher. I really like the look of those KO's but am apprehensive that they will rub.

http://forum.garysgaragemahal.com/file/n103246/Wheels2.jpghttp://forum.garysgaragemahal.com/file/n103246/86_F150_1.jpg

Nope my truck is 2wd. I will be doing a leveling kit on my truck by getting coil springs from Eaton Detroit Springs that are 2 1/2" taller than OE and I am going to get OE spec leaf springs so it should raise the truck some.

My F150 is stock height and on goodyear wrangler Duratrac 31x10.5x15 and they fit perfect and no rubbing issue DA11D46D-4A01-4E0E-8EFD-CCE87217DCC1.thumb.jpeg.147e3e9c9e248a1394cc9cea87c701f1.jpeg

My F150 is stock height and on goodyear wrangler Duratrac 31x10.5x15 and they fit perfect and no rubbing issue http://forum.garysgaragemahal.com/file/n103249/DA11D46D-4A01-4E0E-8EFD-CCE87217DCC1.jpeg

The Discount Tire Pathfinder A/T tires I had in the same size before theses didnt rub. The KO1`s I had before the KO2`s didnt rub either. Just the KO2`s due to the agressive knobs on the shoulder that the KO1 and the Pathfinder A/T`s didnt have.

Now I do have a scrub on bumps when I have a passenger but that is from the tire hitting the plastic fender liner bolts and should be resolved once I get the suspension leveled out and replaced with all new springs that may or may not be worn out.

Fitting timing for my needs. I've been entertaining a set of 31x10.50-15 tires on Ford OEM Wagon Wheels for my truck since last year. I do worry about the wheel scrub but wondering if my truck might sit a little higher. Rusty, is your truck a 4x4?

Below is a red F150 4x4 with 31x10.50-15 tires and the wheels that will be going on my truck. Next to it is my truck, which appears to be higher. I really like the look of those KO's but am apprehensive that they will rub.

John, I also have the 31’s you mentioned on my 92 Bronco, no rubbing either.

My F150 is stock height and on goodyear wrangler Duratrac 31x10.5x15 and they fit perfect and no rubbing issue

I have KO2s on my DD and used them last winter. They had decent grip, I spun on unexpected ice once but should have been in 4wd, so I cant blame the tires.

The biggest knock Ive read in reviews is that their grip deteriorates quickly when the tread starts wearing, a lot of people complained about hydroplaning after a while.

My wifes truck has Wildpeak Falkens, which I really like but havent driven on much. I would buy those again or another set of Coopers.