Bullnose Forums

Tire options - Goodyear/Goodrich? 31/33?

Gsmblue

Tire Rack shows the K02's in 35X12.5R15LT will fit wheel widths of 8.5 - 11". So you'd be right at the bottom of the range.

Ah, interesting! Discount tire says as narrow as 7.5.

I need to get tires physically next to the Bronco and see what looks right.

I think you might be surprised what the 35's look like on/next to the truck. With your lift...

I'll give a slightly less glowing review of the BFG AT KO2.

I had a few sets of the original BFG AT on my '85 F-250 and '95 F-150 and loved them. Great on packed snow/ice, good in deep snow, good and quiet on the highway.

Then I had two sets of KOs. The set on my Bronco didn't get any snow time, but they were good on the rocks and good on the highway. I can't say how quiet they were because the Bronco is so loud! The other set was on my '02 F-350 diesel. On that truck I never thought they were quite as good as the original AT on packed snow and ice, but I was comparing them on different trucks, so I don't know that it was a fair comparison. They seemed quiet enough, but again, on a pretty loud truck.

Then I had one set of KO2s on my '97 F-250. I'm done with BFG ATs after that set. They were fine on packed snow, but not quite as good as a good all-season tire. But they were loud on the road and would catch pavement grooves and pull the truck around on the highway. I never used them off road, but that made me realize that I shouldn't have off road tires on my pickup. I'm running Michelin Agilis now. Not saying you should, but they are a much better fit for my use.

If you like the look of the BFGs (I don't like the aggressive sidewall of the KO2) or want a decent off-road tire that's not too bad on the road or in snow it's a solid choice. But if you want a good road tire that's good on packed snow and ice I think you can do a lot better.

I had a few sets of the original BFG AT on my '85 F-250 and '95 F-150 and loved them. Great on packed snow/ice, good in deep snow, good and quiet on the highway.

Then I had two sets of KOs. The set on my Bronco didn't get any snow time, but they were good on the rocks and good on the highway. I can't say how quiet they were because the Bronco is so loud! The other set was on my '02 F-350 diesel. On that truck I never thought they were quite as good as the original AT on packed snow and ice, but I was comparing them on different trucks, so I don't know that it was a fair comparison. They seemed quiet enough, but again, on a pretty loud truck.

Then I had one set of KO2s on my '97 F-250. I'm done with BFG ATs after that set. They were fine on packed snow, but not quite as good as a good all-season tire. But they were loud on the road and would catch pavement grooves and pull the truck around on the highway. I never used them off road, but that made me realize that I shouldn't have off road tires on my pickup. I'm running Michelin Agilis now. Not saying you should, but they are a much better fit for my use.

If you like the look of the BFGs (I don't like the aggressive sidewall of the KO2) or want a decent off-road tire that's not too bad on the road or in snow it's a solid choice. But if you want a good road tire that's good on packed snow and ice I think you can do a lot better.

I have KO2’s on my Bronco and Suburban.

I like them, good on packed snow and ice, and I think really good on black ice.

I've run the BFG A/T's on many vehicles for the past decade, including my lifted Taurus. I've gone from the humvee surplus 37's to 35" BFG A/T's on my bull and it's a night and day difference with how much smoother it drives. We'll be moving to washington in a year or two so I did want something good in the cold and the reviews I saw spoke well of it. I never noticed much road noise, even on the Taurus, which was a lot quieter than the bull or any of the other trucks.

Might be a size thing, the KO2 I have are actually very quiet compared to other AT tires Ive seen. I cant vouch for snow/ice since we dont get much snow/ice here.

Might be a size thing, the KO2 I have are actually very quiet compared to other AT tires Ive seen. I cant vouch for snow/ice since we dont get much snow/ice here.

Great feedback, thank you!

I am definitely lining up for the 33 KO2s.

Just need to actually get my Bronco back!

I have a set of KO2`s on my truck 31x10.50-15. I wanted to stick with the KO1`s but when it came time to replace the other two tires to have a full set of KO1s I was informed they were discontinued in favor of the KO2s.

They ride great and provide great traction but only thing I dont like is the aggressive shoulder now scrubs my radius arm where the KO1 and the Discount Tire house brand Pathfiders never scrubbed.

I dont have a lift kit but I will be installing new springs front and rear with coil springs I think its 2 1/2" taller than stock as a leveling kit without using the blocks.

Fitting timing for my needs. I've been entertaining a set of 31x10.50-15 tires on Ford OEM Wagon Wheels for my truck since last year. I do worry about the wheel scrub but wondering if my truck might sit a little higher. Rusty, is your truck a 4x4?

Below is a red F150 4x4 with 31x10.50-15 tires and the wheels that will be going on my truck. Next to it is my truck, which appears to be higher. I really like the look of those KO's but am apprehensive that they will rub.

Wheels2.jpg.851d76f28750bf9355f76b83e736489f.jpg

86_F150_1.jpg.1e29e3693df39d6877e7d4b8878b0789.jpg

Fitting timing for my needs. I've been entertaining a set of 31x10.50-15 tires on Ford OEM Wagon Wheels for my truck since last year. I do worry about the wheel scrub but wondering if my truck might sit a little higher. Rusty, is your truck a 4x4?

Below is a red F150 4x4 with 31x10.50-15 tires and the wheels that will be going on my truck. Next to it is my truck, which appears to be higher. I really like the look of those KO's but am apprehensive that they will rub.

http://forum.garysgaragemahal.com/file/n103246/Wheels2.jpghttp://forum.garysgaragemahal.com/file/n103246/86_F150_1.jpg

Nope my truck is 2wd. I will be doing a leveling kit on my truck by getting coil springs from Eaton Detroit Springs that are 2 1/2" taller than OE and I am going to get OE spec leaf springs so it should raise the truck some.