Any HTML Gurus? Help Needed On Header

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I wonder what would happen if Gary set the banner div padding explictly, then set display: none on the banner-content div? Which padding setting will win?? Probably Weebly's, but...

Sorry Gary - I was looking at the HTML in the screenshot and didn't see the padding until after.

You're right Chris - giving people too much rope makes support tough but there's trade offs like this. I was thinking the same about motifying both elements. Worth a quick test at least. One can never overuse !important right? :nabble_smiley_happy:

Sorry Gary - I was looking at the HTML in the screenshot and didn't see the padding until after.

You're right Chris - giving people too much rope makes support tough but there's trade offs like this. I was thinking the same about motifying both elements. Worth a quick test at least. One can never overuse !important right? :nabble_smiley_happy:

I was also wondering about being really sneaky and having a JavaScript snippet run "onload" to get rid of the padding dynamically... but we may not be able to inject that anyway....

I was also wondering about being really sneaky and having a JavaScript snippet run "onload" to get rid of the padding dynamically... but we may not be able to inject that anyway....

I would take a bit of walking someone through the editor, but I could do that tomorrow if someone wanted.

I put that in, Chris, and the gray banner is gone for the user, but the text Bullnose Forum isn't visible in the editor at any zoom setting - even if I turn the logo or text off. So I couldn't change the text if I wanted to.

It was worth a shot. I don't know how critical it is to you - we can try to troubleshoot the editor situation but Scott or I (only suggesting Scott as he is an Admin already I think?) would probably need access to that functionality, or a dump of the HTML from that page to understand what's going on... what Weebly is doing behind the scenes when in the editor.

It was worth a shot. I don't know how critical it is to you - we can try to troubleshoot the editor situation but Scott or I (only suggesting Scott as he is an Admin already I think?) would probably need access to that functionality, or a dump of the HTML from that page to understand what's going on... what Weebly is doing behind the scenes when in the editor.

I put it back to this:

. That got rid of the banner and let's me see the embedded code at 110% and I can see Bullnose Forum if I turn the logo off.

This isn't a huge deal, but as I age it may become one. Someone may need to remind me. :nabble_smiley_sad:

I put it back to this:

. That got rid of the banner and let's me see the embedded code at 110% and I can see Bullnose Forum if I turn the logo off.

This isn't a huge deal, but as I age it may become one. Someone may need to remind me. :nabble_smiley_sad:

When we move to the new forum site, we will have our own copy of all the code, correct?

:nabble_smiley_good: