Bullnose Forums

Any HTML Gurus? Help Needed On Header

Without knowing the details, the editor is probably a different ball of wax. These sites like Weebly have lots of HTML they add to what you put into the editor, and their editor may expect certain HTML to be there (they are assuming no customization of certain areas of HTML.. (at least typically)

Well, here's what I've found. I played with turning the logo and text on and off and got these results:

• Logo On: I can't see the embed code unless I zoom to 110%, at which point it appears. Anything less or more and the embed code is covered up

• Text On: The embed code is just slightly visible at 100 and 125%, and fully visible at 110%

• Off: With the header off, meaning no text and no logo, I can see the embed code at any level of zoom

So it seems to me like there's a problem in the editor since it cannot see the embed code in most conditions but the html functions just fine. Having said that, I have a workaround so I'm going to leave your html in.

Thanks!

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Well, here's what I've found. I played with turning the logo and text on and off and got these results:

• Logo On: I can't see the embed code unless I zoom to 110%, at which point it appears. Anything less or more and the embed code is covered up

• Text On: The embed code is just slightly visible at 100 and 125%, and fully visible at 110%

• Off: With the header off, meaning no text and no logo, I can see the embed code at any level of zoom

So it seems to me like there's a problem in the editor since it cannot see the embed code in most conditions but the html functions just fine. Having said that, I have a workaround so I'm going to leave your html in.

Thanks!

I can't help as much with Bullnose questions :nabble_laughing-25-x-25_orig:, but software is a different story. Happy to help

I can't help as much with Bullnose questions :nabble_laughing-25-x-25_orig:, but software is a different story. Happy to help

Good job guys. Didn't think about the editor expecting (requiring?) a specific element id to be present. Setting the display is a clean solution :nabble_smiley_good:

Might be worth seeing what happens if you modify the banner-content css class to set the display property there. Maybe the editor won't care as much then. Like Chris said - modify the child and leave the parent with the id alone.

Might be worth seeing what happens if you modify the banner-content css class to set the display property there. Maybe the editor won't care as much then. Like Chris said - modify the child and leave the parent with the id alone.

Someone needs to help me understand how to "modify the banner-content css class to set the display property there". :nabble_anim_confused:

Someone needs to help me understand how to "modify the banner-content css class to set the display property there". :nabble_anim_confused:

Change:

"

"

to:

"

"

Change:

"

"

to:

"

"

That doesn't work very well. As shown below we got the gray banner back. But is sorta helped on the editor. At 110% I can see all of the Bullnose Forum text awa the embedded text. At 110% I still have the embedded text but only a sliver of Bullnose Forum.

So the "

" works better for the user and I just have to remember to turn the logo off. Unless you have other ideas?

Chris_2nd_Change_Gives_Gray_Banner.thumb.jpg.77082b8fa27d6c6b485f54c5e89099c6.jpg

Chris - are you seeing the #banner div get a padding-top of 150px? That may negate the child alternative.

Yeah Scott, I did see that. That's why I mentioned to Gary that the Weebly editor is "helpful" and adds extra bits but I didn't specifically mention the padding it seemed to add after Gary tweaked it.

Agreed it may not help. I understand why they don't let people do their own HTML necessarily, but it drives me crazy at the same time. Sometimes you get pinned in a corner because of it...

Yeah Scott, I did see that. That's why I mentioned to Gary that the Weebly editor is "helpful" and adds extra bits but I didn't specifically mention the padding it seemed to add after Gary tweaked it.

Agreed it may not help. I understand why they don't let people do their own HTML necessarily, but it drives me crazy at the same time. Sometimes you get pinned in a corner because of it...

I wonder what would happen if Gary set the banner div padding explictly, then set display: none on the banner-content div? Which padding setting will win?? Probably Weebly's, but...

I wonder what would happen if Gary set the banner div padding explictly, then set display: none on the banner-content div? Which padding setting will win?? Probably Weebly's, but...

Would it be easier for me to set one or both of you as editors? At least for a while to play with this stuff?