Bullnose Forums

Looking for Lower Molding Retainer

Anyone know a place to purchase this plastic piece that goes into the trim itself?

Been watching LMC for a year and they seem to always be out. Plus shipping is more than a handful of these are. Probably should just reuse the old at this point but would like to find fresh.

LMC: 40-1665

40-1665.png.f5427300b4620803ac27889dca2077ba.png

Scott, do you know the engineering number? The LMC picture seems somewhat generic and I am not sure if "D" is a screw or fastener?

https://www.ebay.com/itm/143508492026?epid=1964635013&hash=item2169c5cefa:g:IzwAAOSwdb5eJ37v

If, by chance, that is the part, Dennis Carpenter has some:

https://www.dennis-carpenter.com/trucks/exterior/body-mouldings/e0tz-1021066-a-molding-retainer-plastic

E0TZ-1021066-A.thumb.jpg.c8f6a65bbd1500a74dfb34a75142e361.jpg

Scott, do you know the engineering number? The LMC picture seems somewhat generic and I am not sure if "D" is a screw or fastener?

https://www.ebay.com/itm/143508492026?epid=1964635013&hash=item2169c5cefa:g:IzwAAOSwdb5eJ37v

Thanks for checking on this.

Sadly I haven't been able to find an eng number. Have looked through the 'R' fastener reference, called LMC to see if they had a cross reference, checked with ebay sellers, performed various other online searches but no luck.

This one is similar to the yellowish ones you found but instead of a hole for the pop rivet, these have a prong that goes into the truck similar to the over-the-wheelwell trim.

Thanks for checking on this.

Sadly I haven't been able to find an eng number. Have looked through the 'R' fastener reference, called LMC to see if they had a cross reference, checked with ebay sellers, performed various other online searches but no luck.

This one is similar to the yellowish ones you found but instead of a hole for the pop rivet, these have a prong that goes into the truck similar to the over-the-wheelwell trim.

Scott - Have you tried to find them via the part number? You probably know, but to do that you have to come up with the two-character code for the retainer and then turn that code into the part number on our page at Documentation/Exterior/EXTERIOR MOULDING RETAINERS

And you can get the code on the drawing below:

1980-81-super-cab-lower-b4-4-81.thumb.jpg.c55de5947a134aea8882edc011c41b26.jpg

Scott - Have you tried to find them via the part number? You probably know, but to do that you have to come up with the two-character code for the retainer and then turn that code into the part number on our page at Documentation/Exterior/EXTERIOR MOULDING RETAINERS

And you can get the code on the drawing below:

Thanks Gary. That's the R doc I had checked and is extremely useful.:nabble_smiley_good: Really thought it would have them. I'll check again tomorrow but all the photos I found for the numbers were the truck side of the molding.

Thanks Gary. That's the R doc I had checked and is extremely useful.:nabble_smiley_good: Really thought it would have them. I'll check again tomorrow but all the photos I found for the numbers were the truck side of the molding.

It is just 6:30ish and I've not had even a sip of my coffee, so I have an excuse. But I don't understand "the truck side of the molding". :nabble_anim_confused:

It is just 6:30ish and I've not had even a sip of my coffee, so I have an excuse. But I don't understand "the truck side of the molding". :nabble_anim_confused:

Sorry, I meant truck side of the retainer. Meaning that I kept finding pictures of the barrel nuts.

Looks like my problem was trying to do this all on my phone.

Once I got to the pc and viewed the documentation I found this is (LB) = e0tz-9929033-a

Dennis Carpenter has a lot of them.

Thanks!

Sorry, I meant truck side of the retainer. Meaning that I kept finding pictures of the barrel nuts.

Looks like my problem was trying to do this all on my phone.

Once I got to the pc and viewed the documentation I found this is (LB) = e0tz-9929033-a

Dennis Carpenter has a lot of them.

Thanks!

Glad you found them. :nabble_smiley_good: