Bullnose Forums

G'day from Australian new member

Wow! That is one cool story! I have a few, but none like that.

So, "it started life" implies it is different now. Tell us more?

250 fell out and was replaced with 351c. After a while that got stroked to a 408 with an early Holley Pro Jection throttle body system.

Massive torque monster.

scan0056.jpg.49e45e42b479ed536053d9261df599ae.jpg

But I was competing with a mate who had his 351 twin turbo charged and a 4" skyjacker kit sent over from the USA. He had (and has) more cash than me. He's currently in the top of Western Australia in his new Hennesey Velociraptor, the only RHD converted one in the World.

His old Bronco back in 1983

scan0042.jpg.6c6de866ddaac9cec3776f08cac3da5c.jpg

250 fell out and was replaced with 351c. After a while that got stroked to a 408 with an early Holley Pro Jection throttle body system.

Massive torque monster.

But I was competing with a mate who had his 351 twin turbo charged and a 4" skyjacker kit sent over from the USA. He had (and has) more cash than me. He's currently in the top of Western Australia in his new Hennesey Velociraptor, the only RHD converted one in the World.

His old Bronco back in 1983

Sounds like you have had quite a bit of experience. A 4" stroke on a 351C with a .060 overbore? That's right where the 351M for Dad's truck is sitting, although in its case the stroke is from a factory 400 crank. Yep, torque!

But a twin turbo'd 351 would be hard to beat. Blue, my twin turbo'd 3.5L must be right there with my NA 460/7.5L as I'd much prefer to tow with it than the 460.

I live outside Melbourne in the Yarra Valley wine growing area. I'm close to some awesome mountain trails and bush tracks.

Yes, there are fender protection bars from the bullbar running down to the steps. Braces the bullbar so you can hit even BIGGER Kangaroos!!

I'm not keen on it, and would rather my original bar, but these days there is nothing available down here for these poor old girls, so either fab it yourself or turn to the good old US of A.

She's pretty much mint inside except that the UV has damaged the top of the door cards and I have to do something about that. Also need to find a couple of brown arm rests as mine are split.

By the way, I put you on the map. Just picked a winery in that valley, which is probably close enough. But if you want me to move you let me know where to.

And, to make it easy: Bullnose Forum/Member's Map: http://www.garysgaragemahal.com/members-map.html