Bullnose Forums

Nice 1986 crew cab

Wow! Nice truck! Probably well worth the price. Looks like it has a Ford bull bar on it. :nabble_smiley_good:

Wow. Again, I didn't know there was such a thing as a factory bull bar. Price seems too high for a rear wheel drive, to me, but there just are not many left in this condition. And as we know getting one back into this kind shape is EX-pensive!!! DNE2 is a huge plus as well.

Personally I would prefer this 4x4 version version even though it is very much rougher. They are getting extremely hard to find in this configuration... but oh yeah, I already have one! 😁

https://phoenix.craigslist.org/evl/cto/d/rare-1985-non-turbo-diesel/6277153225.htmlIMG_5272.jpg.d474ab718416923008d64796f7428f18.jpg

Wow. Again, I didn't know there was such a thing as a factory bull bar. Price seems too high for a rear wheel drive, to me, but there just are not many left in this condition. And as we know getting one back into this kind shape is EX-pensive!!! DNE2 is a huge plus as well.

Personally I would prefer this 4x4 version version even though it is very much rougher. They are getting extremely hard to find in this configuration... but oh yeah, I already have one! 😁

https://phoenix.craigslist.org/evl/cto/d/rare-1985-non-turbo-diesel/6277153225.html

Lol! Yes, you have one. But, thats going to be the even more rare short-bed version. :nabble_smiley_good:

I agree though that you can't put one in the shape the 2wd one is for anything approaching that price. People just don't understand what it costs to refurb a truck. And, as Vernon found out, paying to have it done opens up a huge can of wormy unscrupulous ham-handed incompetent mechanics. The tale of woe on Big Blue is just unbelievable. So, you are far better off economically to buy it the way you want it to be than to make it so.

(You might hear a few of those words at the get-together. If people are interested I'm going to tell them about having a vision and sticking to it, and what it costs if you don't.)

Lol! Yes, you have one. But, thats going to be the even more rare short-bed version. :nabble_smiley_good:

I agree though that you can't put one in the shape the 2wd one is for anything approaching that price. People just don't understand what it costs to refurb a truck. And, as Vernon found out, paying to have it done opens up a huge can of wormy unscrupulous ham-handed incompetent mechanics. The tale of woe on Big Blue is just unbelievable. So, you are far better off economically to buy it the way you want it to be than to make it so.

(You might hear a few of those words at the get-together. If people are interested I'm going to tell them about having a vision and sticking to it, and what it costs if you don't.)

Gary, feel free to use me as a poster child for the fixer-up-er mistake. I learned the lesson on my diesel and then turned around and did it again on my 1981. It wasn't the configuration or condition that I wanted, and here I am pouring time and money down the drain like I've got nothing better to do with it! So by all means, take my advice, because I'm not using it!

Gary, feel free to use me as a poster child for the fixer-up-er mistake. I learned the lesson on my diesel and then turned around and did it again on my 1981. It wasn't the configuration or condition that I wanted, and here I am pouring time and money down the drain like I've got nothing better to do with it! So by all means, take my advice, because I'm not using it!

I love it: "Take my advice - I'm not using it." :nabble_smiley_good:

But I don't need any textbook examples. If I were to point a finger there'd be 3 pointing back at me. So I'll use my own examples, plural, as they are all too fresh in my mind. :nabble_smiley_blush:

I love it: "Take my advice - I'm not using it." :nabble_smiley_good:

But I don't need any textbook examples. If I were to point a finger there'd be 3 pointing back at me. So I'll use my own examples, plural, as they are all too fresh in my mind. :nabble_smiley_blush:

I love it: "Take my advice - I'm not using it."

For those that know me and have seen me, the above quote reminded me of when I tell people that my children have my hair! :)

Personally I like it. I'm sure he's flipping it for a few bucks, but it's hard to find these in any condition, much less as nice as this one seems.

One question though, what is "DNE electric high/low on the automatic transmission"? I don't understand that phrase.