Bullnose Forums

Dinner Friday Evening, Sept 3rd

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Matthew, we’re will miss you. So sorry you can’t make it. 😩

Let me just say...after being cooped up in this basement for the last year and a half, I was REALLY looking forward to a solo road trip.

Oh...and yes, getting to see everyone out there, that would have been cool too.

:nabble_smiley_happy:

Let me just say...after being cooped up in this basement for the last year and a half, I was REALLY looking forward to a solo road trip.

Oh...and yes, getting to see everyone out there, that would have been cool too.

:nabble_smiley_happy:

Yes, I understand the "cooped up" feeling. Everyone is wanting to bust out. Unfortunately things aren't getting better, so...

Yes, I understand the "cooped up" feeling. Everyone is wanting to bust out. Unfortunately things aren't getting better, so...

Gary, how is this Delta Variant of Covid impacting the Skiatook area?

Good question, David. And the easy answer is "badly" But that is a bit too easy.

Skiatook's downtown is in Tulsa County while our house is in Osage County. So it is hard to get a good handle on what is happening in Skiatook since Tulsa swamps Tulsa County and Osage County has a very small population so one or two cases make a huge difference.

But recently they've come up with a map that shows the # of cases per capita by zip code. And unfortunately our zip code, 74070, is in the 2nd-worst tier of zip codes. And, we are literally next door to one that is in the worst tier.

That map also provides other information, including the percentage of people who've had the vaccine. Turns out that our zip code has a low percentage of those fully vaccinated - 20 to 30%. And again we are next door to one that only has 10 to 20% fully vaccinated.

I say all of that to say that I'm getting very concerned about bringing people here for the show. In fact, I've set next Friday, meaning the 20th, to decide if I think we should have the show this year. :nabble_smiley_cry:

Good question, David. And the easy answer is "badly" But that is a bit too easy.

Skiatook's downtown is in Tulsa County while our house is in Osage County. So it is hard to get a good handle on what is happening in Skiatook since Tulsa swamps Tulsa County and Osage County has a very small population so one or two cases make a huge difference.

But recently they've come up with a map that shows the # of cases per capita by zip code. And unfortunately our zip code, 74070, is in the 2nd-worst tier of zip codes. And, we are literally next door to one that is in the worst tier.

That map also provides other information, including the percentage of people who've had the vaccine. Turns out that our zip code has a low percentage of those fully vaccinated - 20 to 30%. And again we are next door to one that only has 10 to 20% fully vaccinated.

I say all of that to say that I'm getting very concerned about bringing people here for the show. In fact, I've set next Friday, meaning the 20th, to decide if I think we should have the show this year. :nabble_smiley_cry:

Well folks, Friday isn't here but I've decided the show must go on. :nabble_smiley_super:

I put up 48 flyers yesterday here in Skiatook, and have a few more to put up soon. So we are going to have a show! :nabble_anim_jump: