Bullnose Forums

Logo @ Top Of Pages?

And now for another question. We have the ability to put a logo at the top of our pages, although at the moment it isn't working on the forum page, but appears to work on all other pages. I played around with it today and took a couple of screen shots to show the difference.

To the left is what we've had for a long time - Gary's Garagemahal (the Bullnose bible). On the right is with the sticker/logo I posted about earlier. So, which do you prefer? Or, maybe the bull with the ring in his nose like is on the web browser's tabs?

Guidelines_With_Words.thumb.jpg.7803106c9f285ec52431e06529b27058.jpgGuidelines_With_Logo.thumb.jpg.2d6cf214d3412b9cdc2a124e31d5cac2.jpg

Update: I discovered a mod I'd made in the header code on the home page, which is where the forum is embedded. The code is:

So I know how to put a logo on the forum's page - assuming we want to do so. But I'm remembering that we made that change on purpose, so we need to think through it before we jump in.

I love it!

Thanks for the response, Angelo. We need people to tell us what they prefer.

This is all part of a "rebranding" effort. I don't like the "Gary's Garagemahal" bit as it isn't about me but is about "we". So as we prepare to move to different servers, which means the domain names need work, it is time to rethink everything.

Thanks for the response, Angelo. We need people to tell us what they prefer.

This is all part of a "rebranding" effort. I don't like the "Gary's Garagemahal" bit as it isn't about me but is about "we". So as we prepare to move to different servers, which means the domain names need work, it is time to rethink everything.

I really like the logo as well

I really like the logo as well

Ok folks, it is unanimous - two votes for the logo and no votes against. :nabble_smiley_evil:

Seriously though, I turned the logo back on. Be aware that that may not be the final logo, but that's another topic for discussion.

Also, I took the code out of the forum page's header and you can now see the logo there as well. IIRC we put that code in because it was taking up room at the top of the page. But with the way it is set the logo goes away as you scroll, so maybe that's no longer an issue?

Anyway, input please! Do you like having the logo instead of Gary's Garagemahal (the Bullnose bible)"? And do you want it on the forum pages? Perhaps I should create a poll?

Ok folks, it is unanimous - two votes for the logo and no votes against. :nabble_smiley_evil:

Seriously though, I turned the logo back on. Be aware that that may not be the final logo, but that's another topic for discussion.

Also, I took the code out of the forum page's header and you can now see the logo there as well. IIRC we put that code in because it was taking up room at the top of the page. But with the way it is set the logo goes away as you scroll, so maybe that's no longer an issue?

Anyway, input please! Do you like having the logo instead of Gary's Garagemahal (the Bullnose bible)"? And do you want it on the forum pages? Perhaps I should create a poll?

I like an image at the top from a branding standpoint, that seems like a good idea... but I'd think you'll need to review the mobile site before making any final decisions.

What I *don't* like so much is the word wrapping in the text heading, e.g. Title Words (the

Bullnose bible)

jmo

I like an image at the top from a branding standpoint, that seems like a good idea... but I'd think you'll need to review the mobile site before making any final decisions.

What I *don't* like so much is the word wrapping in the text heading, e.g. Title Words (the

Bullnose bible)

jmo

Chris - Thanks.

I don't like the word-wrap either, but haven't figured out how to fix it. However, the logo solves that problem. :nabble_smiley_wink:

As for the mobile sites, here are some screenshots from my iPhone X with Safari. First is the forum in portrait mode w/o scrolling. Second is in landscape with a bit of slow scrolling, which allows the logo to stay. Third is with more or fast scrolling, and that causes the logo to disappear.

To me that is acceptable, but I want to hear from others, and especially those who basically only use a mobile device. Is this a problem?

Initial_Logo_-_Portrait.thumb.png.706fb728e2109ddba1959e79427f5c7d.png

Logo_Stays_With_Slow_Scrolling.thumb.png.aa3b8aa699f1e4259f22d403301cdeb9.png

Logo_Disappears_With_Scrolling.thumb.png.9b395c6980f198068bbd6b9305487de4.png

Bullnose bible)

jmo

I like it.

I like the front axle pumpkin.

Chris - Thanks.

I don't like the word-wrap either, but haven't figured out how to fix it. However, the logo solves that problem. :nabble_smiley_wink:

As for the mobile sites, here are some screenshots from my iPhone X with Safari. First is the forum in portrait mode w/o scrolling. Second is in landscape with a bit of slow scrolling, which allows the logo to stay. Third is with more or fast scrolling, and that causes the logo to disappear.

To me that is acceptable, but I want to hear from others, and especially those who basically only use a mobile device. Is this a problem?

Logo_Disappears_With_Scrolling.thumb.png.485a3abdff6c11b97b5f06f6482d665e.png

Well, for whatever reason the last pic won't show. So here 'tis:

Logo_Disappears_With_Scrolling.thumb.png.485a3abdff6c11b97b5f06f6482d665e.png