Bullnose Forums

New member near Seattle, WA

Have a 1985 F-150 5.0l EFI long wide bed "heavy half". Owned since new, garage kept. Totally stock except for the new tires. Found this site with Duck Duck Go, which I use to avoid internet tracking. The search term was "1985 f150 inertia switch test".

Once the engine issue is resolved, or whatever has caused the problem, the plan is to be active in the local classic car club. Currently, the truck has original license plates from the day it was new which is allowed in the state of Washington. Fortunately, I saved the original plates.

Will be posting about the inertia switch problem for troubleshooting and some follow-up troubleshooting questions.

This looks like a really great site for the Bullnose pickups. It has already helped and I'm just getting started!

Welcome! Glad you joined.

We have a map (Bullnose Forum/Member's Map in the menu above) and would be happy to add you if you'd like. Just give us a city or a zip as we don't use addresses.

That sounds like a really nice truck. Sure hope you'll post some pics of it. And we'll be happy to help with the inertia switch problem.

Welcome! Glad you joined.

We have a map (Bullnose Forum/Member's Map in the menu above) and would be happy to add you if you'd like. Just give us a city or a zip as we don't use addresses.

That sounds like a really nice truck. Sure hope you'll post some pics of it. And we'll be happy to help with the inertia switch problem.

Navigation questions:

(1) Where is the best place to post pictures?

(2) Where would be a good place to post a question about the Inertia Switch as related to fuel?

Haven't hit anything nor made any sudden stops.

I've read that the catalytic converter can cause it to shut off but I don't even know if the exhaust has one, and at 44K miles it shouldn't be a problem unless there is an issue with the exhaust gases.

The white button on the top is totally "loose" and the directions I've read is that normally one needs to pry it up with a small screwdriver.

Anyway, don't want to start a discussion here, just get pointed in the right direction for a post as there is more to write on this subject; "Bullnose Forum"? Or are there some sub categories?

Picture for starters:

Paint job is factory original, un-waxed.

IMG_7650_Left_front.jpg.5ec7c89836648ca92f69ba4665e06c83.jpg

[edit] Oh, and one more thing. When I get it running again I'll change my handle!

Navigation questions:

(1) Where is the best place to post pictures?

(2) Where would be a good place to post a question about the Inertia Switch as related to fuel?

Haven't hit anything nor made any sudden stops.

I've read that the catalytic converter can cause it to shut off but I don't even know if the exhaust has one, and at 44K miles it shouldn't be a problem unless there is an issue with the exhaust gases.

The white button on the top is totally "loose" and the directions I've read is that normally one needs to pry it up with a small screwdriver.

Anyway, don't want to start a discussion here, just get pointed in the right direction for a post as there is more to write on this subject; "Bullnose Forum"? Or are there some sub categories?

Picture for starters:

Paint job is factory original, un-waxed.

[edit] Oh, and one more thing. When I get it running again I'll change my handle!

The main section is the best place to post a question. Just click on Bullnose Enthusiasts Forum in the upper left to be taken there.

And you can post pics there or here or pretty much anywhere. And that is a nice looking truck. It is really cool that you bought it new. :nabble_smiley_good:

The main section is the best place to post a question. Just click on Bullnose Enthusiasts Forum in the upper left to be taken there.

And you can post pics there or here or pretty much anywhere. And that is a nice looking truck. It is really cool that you bought it new. :nabble_smiley_good:

Thanks for the quick reply Gary.

As for buying it new, I still have some of the original sales items, such as the sales receipt, the window new-car sticker [with the options list], showroom pickup brochure for that year, and the original license plate (which is on the front and rear bumpers).

Washington state increased the year that one can register a vehicle as a classic car, collector car, or words to that effect, so the '85 qualifies by year. The nice part is once the registration fee is paid there are no more annual license fees or tabs. The not-so-nice part is one is not allowed to haul anything in it and it can't be used for "regular" driving. However, one can drive the vehicle to car club meetings and, I suppose, in order to keep the battery charged and the engine oiled. Collector car insurance is also lower, have this through Hagerty Insurance in case anyone wants to go that route.

Also have a boat and boat trailer that would qualify by year but the licensing department won't approve that. Asked them if the boat trailer would qualify and don't remember the exact answer but it was effectively "No!".

We've got two other cars so there's no problem not driving the truck that much. One is a '09 Prius hybrid and the other an '09 Ford Escape hybrid. The Escape is a nice car and I like the body style better than the new Escape models. Also, both of the newer cars have a clear coat which the '85 didn't have (darn it!).

Had it in the shop recently [oil change] and there were about a half-dozen mechanics looking it over:

IMG_7995.jpg.cb8c387a29bf4baf43c298ab30052585.jpg

As for buying it new, I still have some of the original sales items, such as the sales receipt, the window new-car sticker [with the options list], showroom pickup brochure for that year, and the original license plate (which is on the front and rear bumpers).

Washington state increased the year that one can register a vehicle as a classic car, collector car, or words to that effect, so the '85 qualifies by year. The nice part is once the registration fee is paid there are no more annual license fees or tabs. The not-so-nice part is one is not allowed to haul anything in it and it can't be used for "regular" driving. However, one can drive the vehicle to car club meetings and, I suppose, in order to keep the battery charged and the engine oiled. Collector car insurance is also lower, have this through Hagerty Insurance in case anyone wants to go that route.

Also have a boat and boat trailer that would qualify by year but the licensing department won't approve that. Asked them if the boat trailer would qualify and don't remember the exact answer but it was effectively "No!".

We've got two other cars so there's no problem not driving the truck that much. One is a '09 Prius hybrid and the other an '09 Ford Escape hybrid. The Escape is a nice car and I like the body style better than the new Escape models. Also, both of the newer cars have a clear coat which the '85 didn't have (darn it!).

Had it in the shop recently [oil change] and there were about a half-dozen mechanics looking it over:

It is great that you have the original paperwork. That makes it really special. And you can display it at the car shows.

I'll bet the mechanics were all over your truck. Many of them have probably never seen one like it. :nabble_smiley_good:

It is great that you have the original paperwork. That makes it really special. And you can display it at the car shows.

I'll bet the mechanics were all over your truck. Many of them have probably never seen one like it. :nabble_smiley_good:

Ha! I call my wife’s Suburban the Nemesis.

Super nice paint. All the trucks around here are either baked to a crisp, chemically altered (for the worse), or rusted. I see there are still nice looking original bullnose trucks in the world.

Super nice truck and original owner too....AWESOME! Good to have you here with us.

Please consider entering your truck in our Truck of the Month contest. I need some more entries. You'll find it on the main page. Also, we have a picture gallery and a Truck Of The Month Photo Gallery. You can post up pictures in the gallery or I can put photos and a story on your truck in The Truck Of The Month Photo Gallery.

Regards,

John