Bullnose Forums

Stereo head units - a discussion

This unit has potential if you’re looking for a modern large screen in a 1x din. The screen can sit proud of the bezel, you can adjust the tilt, then retract for a clean non-bezel-destroying look.

Pioneer DVD Receivers: AVH-3500NEX

If I were looking, I'd like a system that is like the one in my little Hyundai Kona. Touchscreen that stands proud of dash. No visible indash unit. I haven't looked to see if such an animal exists because with the truck, the AM/FM is fine for around town.

But if I were looking, I would want a touchscreen that has the screen part and if there was another elment to it, it could be hid behind seat and wired to speakers or whatever. But he ability to leave my 1981 radio as the only visible radio if touchscreen removed.

If I were looking, I'd like a system that is like the one in my little Hyundai Kona. Touchscreen that stands proud of dash. No visible indash unit. I haven't looked to see if such an animal exists because with the truck, the AM/FM is fine for around town.

But if I were looking, I would want a touchscreen that has the screen part and if there was another elment to it, it could be hid behind seat and wired to speakers or whatever. But he ability to leave my 1981 radio as the only visible radio if touchscreen removed.

If ok with the touchscreen being your phone: Black Box Radio

Hmmm, we have a 10" tablet that has it's own plan. That would be a thought. And our phones. I'm really not part of this discussion - maybe I should just OBSERVE... :nabble_smiley_beam:

Nah :nabble_smiley_beam: Speaking for GSM as it's his thread but I think any ideas are helpful to have here. Before you mentioned something like that I didn't know it existed and if keeping a stock interior, I really like the idea.

Hmmm, we have a 10" tablet that has it's own plan. That would be a thought. And our phones. I'm really not part of this discussion - maybe I should just OBSERVE... :nabble_smiley_beam:

While we're discussing radios - has anyone ever replaced the light in their factory radio? Thought I'd ask before taking it all apart to look. Now that nearly every bulb has been replaced, the radio is very dim.

I searched "radio" but nothing jumped out at me.

Edit: I think I found it.