Bullnose Forums

Radiator upgrades

Scott - Have you checked to see if the fans will fit between the radiator and the pulley? Bill said he couldn't get the fans he had in there on Darth.

Never actually tested it in place but rough measurements put the thickness from the font face of the shroud to the back of the fan at 3.25"

IMG_20210731_204952.thumb.jpg.dda26451313c465d8d349d38ea5c2145.jpgIMG_20210731_205000.jpg.cf7bd69d324e9911f4076ad5144e31a9.jpg

From the rear face of the radiator shroud mounts to the pulley is (roughly) 6"

So the thickness of the fan at it's highest is still less than the max thickness of the factory 460 shroud.

Happy to get other details if needed. If really serious about it, I can pull the fan and install it.

Never actually tested it in place but rough measurements put the thickness from the font face of the shroud to the back of the fan at 3.25"

From the rear face of the radiator shroud mounts to the pulley is (roughly) 6"

So the thickness of the fan at it's highest is still less than the max thickness of the factory 460 shroud.

Happy to get other details if needed. If really serious about it, I can pull the fan and install it.

Scott - That's all I needed. Thanks!

I'm thinking that this winter when I install the EFI I might add fans. My radiator is the Champion MC1451, and they have a shroud with a model # of 1451FS14: https://www.championradiators.com/1451FS14_fan_shroud. I'll have to ask if that's the right one, but I'm guessing it is.

Having said that, I need to drive it a lot more this summer to see if there are any problems at stops with the A/C.

Scott - That's all I needed. Thanks!

I'm thinking that this winter when I install the EFI I might add fans. My radiator is the Champion MC1451, and they have a shroud with a model # of 1451FS14: https://www.championradiators.com/1451FS14_fan_shroud. I'll have to ask if that's the right one, but I'm guessing it is.

Having said that, I need to drive it a lot more this summer to see if there are any problems at stops with the A/C.

Curiosity got the better of me last night.

Smallest distance between the pulley and fans that I found was 3.5". Tons of room in there now.

IMG_20210801_120739.thumb.jpg.2f4fb691f8588ceb1ea4416561358df6.jpg

That shroud looks good. It appears the flange on the bottom will fit into the two hook clips the factory shroud fits in which is nice. My shroud has two ears vs the flange so I have to try and get a bolt in from the front which may be a pain.

Curiosity got the better of me last night.

Smallest distance between the pulley and fans that I found was 3.5". Tons of room in there now.

That shroud looks good. It appears the flange on the bottom will fit into the two hook clips the factory shroud fits in which is nice. My shroud has two ears vs the flange so I have to try and get a bolt in from the front which may be a pain.

Cool! That is great to know, Scott.

And yes, it does look like plenty of room. That opens up lots of possibilities. Thanks much!