Bullnose Forums

Rear Fuel Tank

Ever since I went to EFI on Darth, rear tank takes just at 17 gals. from empty (quits pumping) front takes right at 19 if it quit on a level stretch, on a slope in either direction it will depend on what the angle was when it emptied the sump under the FPM. BTW, that one I have the sender where it is dead on. I need to drop the rear (loads of fun) and (a) check that the NAPA FPM is correct and reaching the bottom and (b) if it is trying to get the sender correct.

Front FPM is a Spectra Premium unit bought when I was doing the EFI conversion.

How do you correct the sender? My aft one is actually pretty good, The front gets to a half tank and makes a beeline for E.

Mine sounds like Darth.

There is no correction to/for the sender. They have a potentiometer (wire-wound resistor) built in that frequently gets an open. So when the slider gets to that point the gauge goes to zero. There's really no fix to that short of at least replacing the potentiometer if not the whole sending unit.

Bill - I was afraid of that.

There is no correction to/for the sender. They have a potentiometer (wire-wound resistor) built in that frequently gets an open. So when the slider gets to that point the gauge goes to zero. There's really no fix to that short of at least replacing the potentiometer if not the whole sending unit.

Bill - I was afraid of that.

Get the correct module for the Bronco tank, then everything should be correct.