Bullnose Forums

1995 Ford F-350 XLT 4dr 4WD Crew Cab LB White Pickup Truck 7.3L V8

Nice truck. And it is in my backyard. But I don't need another truck.

You also don't need to overpay for an almost 30 year old truck that doesn't hold a candle to modern trucks capabilities.

That's the part I just don't understand about these Aeronose Powerstrokes and their prices. There's nothing strong about them. They're costly to maintain, they're nowhere near as capable of towing as a modern truck, and they're very basic compared to today's trucks. I grew up with these trucks and favor them over new trucks, but if a fully loaded 2018 F350 is only $20k more, I'm going for the 2018.

You also don't need to overpay for an almost 30 year old truck that doesn't hold a candle to modern trucks capabilities.

That's the part I just don't understand about these Aeronose Powerstrokes and their prices. There's nothing strong about them. They're costly to maintain, they're nowhere near as capable of towing as a modern truck, and they're very basic compared to today's trucks. I grew up with these trucks and favor them over new trucks, but if a fully loaded 2018 F350 is only $20k more, I'm going for the 2018.

Good points. I don't know the GVWR of that truck, but Blue, my 2015 F150, has the same tow rating as Big Blue. Things have gotten lots better over time, and the 90's trucks are way behind the curve.

I agree, I like them too, but I think too much money for what they are.

And I’m not an E4OD fan behind the diesel or 460, without being beefed up.

Good points. I don't know the GVWR of that truck, but Blue, my 2015 F150, has the same tow rating as Big Blue. Things have gotten lots better over time, and the 90's trucks are way behind the curve.

If I remember correctly from the 95-96 brochures, a crew cab F350 4x4 had a GVWR of around 9,200.